MSC dialy programs or menus? And can you visit the bridge?

catharina

Oh man, I should stop being on CC, I just keep coming up with more and more questions, as we are so thrilled to have booked our first cruise!

The questions I though of just now:

Is there someone or someplace on the web that has some examples of the daily programs on MSC? Would love to see an example day.

also menus, I am very curious and want to have fun in advance, so if anyone knows where I can find some examples...

last question for today (I promise...): is it possible to visit the bridge or the insides of the ship? I would be highly interested to see how this all works and I am sure my dad would be even more so.

thanks for all your patuence

cat

It's not possible to visit the bridge, or get an "inside look" of any kind. You have the terrorists to thank for that.

I may be wrong, but I think someone posted a link to daily capers. I have all of mine, and when I find the time, I'll scan them and post them. Menus may be trickier to find.

The menus for Poesia day night Nov 30- Dec 10 were different from what was posted. You can look it over and see the examples of what they have.

Ours had a stars and stripes section for americans who wanted americanized food. Then they had the other menu, also in all the languages. The did remove the chilled soups which were my favorite. They included the pasta and risoto dishes among the meals instead of in a separate course. You of course can opt to have it with another entree or served as an appetizer. Just ask.

Cat: If sailing in Europe, there are big differences in dining times and they do not have buffet as they do in the USA/Caribbean market. They also charge for sparkling water which is what Europeans drink. Even on our Caribbean sailing I saw all the Europeans with the bottled sparkling water when they could have ordered free tap water with ice. I guess they just do not like that.

Enjoy the trip. The ship should be beautiful. Enjoy the cultural differences and smile. I found that works magic in trying to get anything you need to make this a dream vacation for you.

THANK YOU GUYS so much! Love CC!

Too bad about the bridge, but I guess it figures nowadays...

Well, perhaps we will meet the captain anyway :-)

Chances are good to meet the Captain. Captain Giacomo Romano is very available. We found him the second night strolling thru the Zebra Lounge and stopped and told him about seeing his picture in a shop in Roatan. We bumped into him later on deck and at the returning guest party. Seems like you see him everywhere.

(On the Lirica, Captain Romano was also our Captain and we saw him on excursions and at the deck party)

Chances are good to meet the Captain. Captain Giacomo Romano is very available. We found him the second night strolling thru the Zebra Lounge and stopped and told him about seeing his picture in a shop in Roatan. We bumped into him later on deck and at the returning guest party. Seems like you see him everywhere.

(On the Lirica, Captain Romano was also our Captain and we saw him on excursions and at the deck party)

I've twice had Giacomo as our captain. he is very sociable and has an excellent memory for faces as he remembered me from a previous cruise. On our first sailing with him it was a New year one and there were only about 15 Scots onboard (all travelling seprately in 2s or 3s). because all the men had brought their kilts with them to wear to the new year's Eve party, we all ended up congregating in the same area. Giacomo and his officers came over to spend time with us because they wanted their photo taken with us (well actually the"kilts". they ended up spending the rest of the evening with our group and got us to teach them some traditional songs and a few daft dances. Throughpout the rest of the cruise, he always acknowledged us, and often ordered a drink for us. he really has a great sense of humour and fun.

Archived