Has anyone done the Carnival "French beach day" excursion?

shellster1

Carnival has a beach break excursion in St. Martin, but it doesn't say what beach...it only says a "rustic beach". For some reason, the words "rustic" and "beach" just don't sound that appealing together. Anyway, I was hoping someone could tell me if it was a good one. I

am leaning towards just going over to that resort by the pier, Sonesta. I'm nervous though about (reading about) the possibility of the water being polluted.

Also, if I go with the Sonesta one, do I just go there or do I need to make reservations in advance?

Thanks to anyone who can respond. :)

Carnival has a beach break excursion in St. Martin, but it doesn't say what beach...it only says a "rustic beach". For some reason, the words "rustic" and "beach" just don't sound that appealing together. Anyway, I was hoping someone could tell me if it was a good one. I

am leaning towards just going over to that resort by the pier, Sonesta. I'm nervous though about (reading about) the possibility of the water being polluted.

Also, if I go with the Sonesta one, do I just go there or do I need to make reservations in advance?

Thanks to anyone who can respond. :)

St. Martin has many lovely beaches. What are you looking for in a beach? Please don't say a beach with powdery white sand, trees for shade, chairs, food, a beach bar with live music, great snorkeling, close to the port and without crowds because if I ever find that beach I am keeping it to myself!icon10.gif

St. Martin has many lovely beaches. What are you looking for in a beach? Please don't say a beach with powdery white sand, trees for shade, chairs, food, a beach bar with live music, great snorkeling, close to the port and without crowds because if I ever find that beach I am keeping it to myself!icon10.gif

HA! Ok so...I suppose if I had to narrow it down, the most important things would be beautiful blue water and beach chairs with umbrellas or some type of shade option. Oh and a bar within walking distance. :) Is this too much to ask? I'm so excited, it sounds like most beaches there are wonderful.

HA! Ok so...I suppose if I had to narrow it down, the most important things would be beautiful blue water and beach chairs with umbrellas or some type of shade option. Oh and a bar within walking distance. :) Is this too much to ask? I'm so excited, it sounds like most beaches there are wonderful.

Mullet Bay Beach would be my suggestion. Also a beach that I am planning on visiting in March is Dawn Beach and it also sounds like it would be a good choice for you. I have not been to bay since before the Westin was built so I can not comment on it. I am really fond of Mullet Bay beach. It will take about 30 minutes and maybe a little more given the traffic on the island. You will have to give yourself at least 90 minutes to get back to the ship if you are leaving after 3 pm. It probably won't take that long but it eill give you plenty of time to get back to the ship. I don't think that it has a real bar but there was someone selling beer and drinks and food when I was last there. It is just past Maho so if you want to stop and see the planes landing and taking off that would be an option on the way back to the ship. At Maho there are two beach bars Sunset at one end of the beach and Driftwood at the other. Owners of a restaurant that we frequent when we are visiting the island suggested Driftwood to us but we have never made it there.

I wonder if the rustic beach that you mentioned was Friars Bay Beach. It is another beach that might be what you are looking for. And if you are really adventuresome you could take the path and walk 15 minutes from Friars and find yourself at Happy Bay. Not as secluded as it once was but still quiet compared to most. Baie Rouge is another beach that is really nice and not as busy with everything except washroom facilities if I am remembering correctly. Another beach area that is getting really good reviews on another website is Simpson By Beach. There is a relatively new bar named Karackter (?spelling) and word has it that the food is delicious and the chairs free as long as you purchase food and drinks. It is near Mary Boon's which is only a few minutes past the Simpson Bay Bridge. When are you going again? I am heading ther in March and can offer an update when I return.

Archived