Better side of ship?

SoCal09

We are taking NCL in May from Boston and docking at King's Wharf for three days. Is there a preferable side of the ship to get a room? Looking out at the harbor or at the dock? We have never been to Bermuda and are really looking forward to it! Thanks for any advise.

I prefer my cabin to be on the INSIDE of the cruise ship; but there is no way to predict which side of the cruise ship is to the dock. There is maintenance that is done, life boat launching drills etc. which will determine what side is to the dock, and I've read that the cruise ship has been turned around during the stay. Just pick a side, and enjoy Bermuda which you will.

I would be happy with either view; I'm in Bermuda :D , and I'm not mowing the lawn :(.

SBtS

I asked my TA this same question. Apparently, the ship could dock facing either way so you never really know. Usually, starboard faces King's Warf and port faces Hamilton. As to which is better...I think that is a matter of personal preference.

I asked my TA this same question. Apparently, the ship could dock facing either way so you never really know. Usually, starboard faces King's Warf and port faces Hamilton. As to which is better...I think that is a matter of personal preference.

Nay, most of the time the ship docks PORT side facing the Heritage Wharf (for NCL mostly, or King's). Sometimes ship docks Starboard side. Once in 2009 and once in 2008 NCL Dawn changed sides overnight during her stay.

Nay, most of the time the ship docks PORT side facing the Heritage Wharf (for NCL mostly, or King's). Sometimes ship docks Starboard side. Once in 2009 and once in 2008 NCL Dawn changed sides overnight during her stay.

Well...that was the info the RCCI rep gave my TA. But we all know how "helpful" Royal Caribbean can be so take that info with a grain of salt!

All last year ships except one docking at Heritage Wharf were docked with the port side of the ship to the dock. There is a thruster wall under construction right now at HW which will allow ships to dock either way to perform maintnance and safety drills so it will be a coin toss as to which side will be "land view" or "ocean view". King's Wharf has always been a coin toss.

Archived