(MERCURY) Cabin upgrades at the Pier??

COASTERBOB

Has anyone had any success getting a cabin upgrade (i.e Oceanview to Balcony), at the pier during embarcation? If so, how much did it cost, and who did you talk to? It appears there may be some cabins available as per Celebrity's website for tommorow's cruise. Thank you. Bob

Has anyone had any success getting a cabin upgrade (i.e Oceanview to Balcony), at the pier during embarcation? If so, how much did it cost, and who did you talk to? It appears there may be some cabins available as per Celebrity's website for tommorow's cruise. Thank you. Bob

Hi CoasterBob !

When you check in, ask to speak with the Pier Coordinator. That is the person who should know if any upsells are available. I can't help you on pricing, as it seems to vary for each sailing. Good Luck !

Very Very unlikely. They just don't do many upgrades at the pier any more. You can try when on board, but again not likely.

Hi Fblack !

I'm not sure that's the case. It all depends on availability. If there are many cabins available, Celebrity will look to gain additional revenue. I know of many passengers who have had success at the Pier. I agree it's not very likely, but it never hurts to ask !

I agree with your the onboard comment. If the Pier Coordinator says there are no upgrades available, another option is to leave your name with Guest Relations, as they may call you on the 2nd day of the Cruise. We never do that, as once we are settled in, we prefer not to move. Others may feel differently.

Hi CoasterBob !

When you check in, ask to speak with the Pier Coordinator. That is the person who should know if any upsells are available. I can't help you on pricing, as it seems to vary for each sailing. Good Luck !

Thanks for the info. I may give it a try. Bob

Hello Andy:

Now with bigger ships and huge check-in lines, and the numerous types of check-in lines (IE: Suites, Elite, Aqua class, etc.) it's gotten too hard to sell an upgraded cabin even if they wanted to. It's so chaotic that even finding a pier coordinator is nearly impossible. They have so many responsibilities that selling an upgrade at the pier is not high on their priority list. I am sure it may happen occasionally, but it's much easier the second day if you go to the front desk.

When I tried this on a long b2b on the Constellation, even though I knew cabins were available, they told me to wait a few days. They said they like to hold a few cabins open for a few days in case a serious cabin issue arises. Such as having to move passengers due to no A/C, flooded cabin. no working toilet etc. And when they finally gave me a price to upgrade, it was at 100% of the brochure price. Not even a tiny price break for a long standing Elite passenger. So I passed on their upgrade.

Archived