Crown 1/16-1/23

golffore2001

Arrived on Friday and stayed at Marriott BeachPlace Towers. Taxi from airport to hotel $28 with tip. Plenty of restaurants nearby. Took Taxi to port Saturday at about 11. Fare $18. Arrived at 11:30 and had check-in #8. They started check-ins at noon and went smoothly. We were called about 12:15 and on ship within 10 minutes. The weather for entire week was super. Temps 75-82. A little rain on first Sea day was a little rainy early, but turned out OK. Watched the NFL games on MUTS Saturday and Sunday. Monday was Grand Caymen and weather was great. Just did a little shopping as we have been to Caymen many times. On Tuesday did the best of Roatan tour as this was first time in that port. It was OK and overpriced for what you got. Should have checked with Victor Bodden, but we had not decided what to do before we left. We did dock at Mahoganey Bay and did hear a number of people complain about lack of easy access to local Taxi's. The pier itself in very nice with a nice beach and chairs. we spent a little time there. Cozumel just shopped and enjoyed the Sun. Princess Cay stop was canceled for high winds, so ended up with 3 Sea days. Chairs around pool at premium, but we had no problem finding someplace that met our needs. Food and Service on the trip was outstanding. Had 11:36 flight Saturday. Had to wait about 25 minutes for Taxi, but at Airport in plenty of time. $24 with tip. The taxi did not use meter and based on other posts, I may have overpaid a few dollars. Overall a great Cruise..are there any bad ones? Just a note, this was our 2nd trip on Princess and I have been very impressed. We are Platinum cruisers on RCCL and have a trip booked on the Seranade in April. They have a lot to live up to.

Glad you enjoyed your trip on the Crown and Princess. She's a lovely ship. I haven't sailed RCCL in along time but thought I might what to book something with them just for diversity. Do you have a favorite ship type /class that you sail on RCCL or any ship in particular you like and why?

Glad you enjoyed your trip on the Crown and Princess. She's a lovely ship. I haven't sailed RCCL in along time but thought I might what to book something with them just for diversity. Do you have a favorite ship type /class that you sail on RCCL or any ship in particular you like and why?

I like the Radiance class ships. Seems to me right mix of size vs. passengers. We are on the Seranade in April..the jewel and Brilliance are also radiance class

Archived