Pearl AD 10166 vs 10164

nolejagbuc

Is there any difference between these rooms? We are currently booked in 10164 but noticed that 10166 has opened up. Anyone know if there is a noticeable difference? Thanks in advance!

No, they are the same. BIG balcony:) Great rooms.

Edited by RNPJN

There is a small difference in the balcony. The end unit will have a rounded off front edge because it is the end cabin on the ship. We had AD 10664 in November and our balcony was a bit smaller because of the cropped corner, compared to unit 10666 next to us. However, you will only have one shared wall, which in my opinion is far better than occupants on both sides!

There is a small difference in the balcony. The end unit will have a rounded off front edge because it is the end cabin on the ship. We had AD 10664 in November and our balcony was a bit smaller because of the cropped corner, compared to unit 10666 next to us. However, you will only have one shared wall, which in my opinion is far better than occupants on both sides!

We have these two rooms booked on the Gem which should probably be the same. If my recollection is correct, which confirms what the above poster said, the AD in the middle will have a 100sq ft balcony and the outside will be 88 sq feet (I think) but check this with NCL/TA for exact dimensions. Not a big difference...you may like not having neighbors on both sides. We opted for the inside one for the bigger balcony when we booked.

Coffeecat

Edited by coffeecat

We had 10164 for our Alaska cruise and liked being on the end. The balcony held two lounge chairs, a table and a deck-straight chair. I never looked over to the other balcony to see if it was bigger as ours was plenty big.

Coffeecat - We have AD's 10166 and 10664 booked on the Pearl later this year. These rooms are great for the size, the amenities and the price! We would have booked the ones on the port side, but with the number 10666...we didn't want to risk it!

Hahaha! Very funny! For the extra 12 ft I was willing to risk it and we put my dear old man in the corner one. Hopefully it will go well for us!

I am sure it doesn't make a lot of difference in the end as both rooms I am sure will be wonderful. I will try to make notes of the size differences when we sail....I can't imagine that the room sizes/configuration vary too much but we'll see.

Have fun on the Pearl-great ship!

Coffeecat

• 5 years later...

Hello,

In 2014 we stayed in 10166-I must say the "couch" in the room was not exactly what we expected. It was an oversized "plastic" chair. Not comfortable at all and frankly didn't look like it went with the rest of the décor. Also...the furniture on the balcony had seen better days! The cushions on the lounge chairs on the balcony had seen better days for sure! The room itself was nice-we actually requested the bed be changed to two twins (traveling with my sister) and this was accomplished without any difficulty by the staff even prior to departure. We arranged the room with the long table placed in between the two beds therefore giving us extra space to put personal items. This year I actually booked 10164. I wanted to see if having an "end" room was any different. We are sailing in May so I will be glad to let you know if I see any difference. I agree with previous postings....both rooms...(any room on a cruise ship!!!) will be nice. All this being said....the staff on the Pearl addressed every issue we had and went above and beyond what we expected! Which is the reason I have selected The Pearl to cruise on once again!

• 7 months later...

Hello,

I actually liked 10164 better due to the fact it was on the end. I liked sharing just the one wall. The view off the aft balcony is, without a doubt amazing. Having a Butler is pretty nice too. The room Steward was incredibly attentive. Can't wait to go back-I would book--same ship, same room, same destination---you will have a wonderful stay. I'm already saving for our next cruise to Alaska.