Latitude's Gold on Gem's 1/23 CTN

zubee23

First off, had a very nice time. The ship is beautiful and spotless. Food was mixed but that's always subjective. My husband laughed at the one little piece of pastrami on his sandwich at lunch in Magenta.

I did, however, notice some lack of amenities.

No letter or any mention of Latitude's status. (I'm gold, my husband silver)

No bubbly on arrival

No mints

No movies on TV other than $11.95 pay per view - wait! I shouldn't say no movies. There was an old movie replaying over and over.

No literature in the stateroom other than a Cruise Rewards flyer

No moisturizer or shower cap in the bathroom

They did have an interactive TV channel welcoming us!

We last cruised NCL's Dawn in July (Bermuda) where we were totally left off the Latitude's manifest. After 2 days I asked about the Latitudes cocktail party so it sort of got straightened out but I'm just not getting that "special" feeling on NCL.

Is it just me being "whiney" or are others feeling this, too?

First off, had a very nice time. The ship is beautiful and spotless. Food was mixed but that's always subjective. My husband laughed at the one little piece of pastrami on his sandwich at lunch in Magenta.

No letter or any mention of Latitude's status. (I'm gold, my husband silver)

No bubbly on arrival

No mints

No movies on TV other than $11.95 pay per view - wait! I shouldn't say no movies. There was an old movie replaying over and over.

No moisturizer or shower cap in the bathroom

We last cruised NCL's Dawn in July (Bermuda) where we were totally left off the Latitude's manifest. After 2 days I asked about the Latitudes cocktail party so it sort of got straightened out but I'm just not getting that "special" feeling on NCL.

They don't bother with Latitudes stuff on one-nighters. The cruises are too short and chaotic...

The Gem has always had the over-priced pay-per-view movies (only ship I've seem them on).

No mints for awhile now.

No bubbly welcome as of January 1st.

No letter or any mention of Latitude's status. (I'm gold, my husband silver) It was printed on the room key card.

No bubbly on arrival ~ Been discontinued as of January 2nd on the Gem.

No mints ~ haven't seen them in a while.

No movies on TV other than $11.95 pay per view - wait! I shouldn't say no movies. There was an old movie replaying over and over. You're correct on this. Over my New Years cruise on the Gem, they played Citizen Kane, High Society and The Wizard of Oz. This one nighter had a Clark Gable, Ava Gardner and Grace Kelly movie playing. I seem to always catch them in the middle of the movie.

No moisturizer or shower cap in the bathroom ~ We had Elemis moisturizer in a small bottle and a shower cap sitting on the sink.

Like Cubechick stated, they don't bother with Latitudes stuff on one-nighters. The cruises are too short and chaotic...

Hope you enjoyed the night as much as we did. You should of joined our roll call, we had a blast!/SIZE]

Archived