Luke, it is your DESTINY! 01/21/10, Pictorial Review

DarthGrady

We have been following the trials and tribulations of Destiny over the past few weeks, all the while looking forward to our cruise departing on February 8th, which turns out to be the last before the dry-dock.

How delightful to read your fair and balanced review which has heightened our enthusiasm. All we can say is THANK YOU.:)

Loved the review and the pictures were great! I love to have something to look forward to and can't wait to get on board. Although the Destiny has been having a bad time lately you all seemed to make the best of it and enjoy your vacation! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this dry dock will cure her issues and move her along on her future sailings smoothly. I can't imagine them taken her out for dry dock and not fixing what needs fixing 100%! Thank you for sharing!

Oh, and since you've been to Cozumel a few times if you could recommend something to do what would you recommend? Never been and not sure what we want to do exactly! Thanks for any tips!

Paula

Loved the review and the pictures were great! I love to have something to look forward to and can't wait to get on board. Although the Destiny has been having a bad time lately you all seemed to make the best of it and enjoy your vacation! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this dry dock will cure her issues and move her along on her future sailings smoothly. I can't imagine them taken her out for dry dock and not fixing what needs fixing 100%! Thank you for sharing!

Oh, and since you've been to Cozumel a few times if you could recommend something to do what would you recommend? Never been and not sure what we want to do exactly! Thanks for any tips!

Paula

It really depends on your interests. Of course there is shopping and beaches as with any port. There is also Chankanaab park, where my friends went SCUBA diving, they raved about it. I have not done it, but i have spoke to others who liked the Mayan Ruins tour.

We almost always go to Ponchos Back Yard for lunch. Its touristy and Americanized, but its clean and the food is pretty good.

Hope it helps, enjoy your cruise! :D

Thank you for the pictures and the review. I was starting to get nervous, with all the negativity on the threads. Hopefully, she'll be fix and ready to go after the dry dock! we are set to sail in July for the eastern caribbean. This will be our 2nd cruise and first time out of Miami. We are in Texas so our first cruise was on the Conquest 7nights western caribbean and we fell in love with cruising. Now, we wanted to try the eastern with the Destiny. Looking forward for July!!!!!!:D

Thank you for the pictures and the review. I was starting to get nervous, with all the negativity on the threads. Hopefully, she'll be fix and ready to go after the dry dock! we are set to sail in July for the eastern caribbean. This will be our 2nd cruise and first time out of Miami. We are in Texas so our first cruise was on the Conquest 7nights western caribbean and we fell in love with cruising. Now, we wanted to try the eastern with the Destiny. Looking forward for July!!!!!!:D

I think you will like the Port of Miami, they are very efficient. If we did not live closer to Port Canaveral and Tampa, I would only want to cruise from there. Nice new facilities plus plentiful and helpful staff equals a very smooth embarkation process!

• 3 weeks later...

Darth ~ got a quick question....my husband just asked me if we will have internet access in the room as long as we pay for the package or do we have to go to the Internet Cafe? You may have addressed this already but just thought I would throw it out there. Thanks for your help!!:)

Darth ~ got a quick question....my husband just asked me if we will have internet access in the room as long as we pay for the package or do we have to go to the Internet Cafe? You may have addressed this already but just thought I would throw it out there. Thanks for your help!!:)

I probably won't be much help here, I have never bought the ship's internet before. I do know that some of them have bow to stern wi-fi; thereby allowing access in the room on your laptop. I don't know if Destiny is one of them though. If she does not, she will have hot spots throughout the ship where you can log on, not just at the internet cafe. I think that you do have to go there initially to set up your account.

Thanks for getting back to me. I do appreciate the info. Hopefully, we will be having such a awesome time that we won't even think about the internet!!!:)

I am crossing my fingers that they have taken care of the propulsion issues and she is good as new!!

are children allowed in the Aft pool or is that for adults only...thanks!

There's not much for them back there. It's a bar and two hot tubs. There are signs posted adults only. I never saw kids in there during my 5 day cruise. They were everywhere in the other whirlpools, especially the one by the base of the water slide.

Every Carnival ship has bow to stern wireless, so you can use it in your room.

Archived