???Quick question about water taxi to Stone Island????

Craving A Cruise

Does the water taxi to Stone Island dock at a pier of some sort or is it similar to the water taxi's in Cabo where you have to jump from the boat into the water?

Thanks for your help.

Karen:)

It docks at a pier on both ends of the journey, you don't have to jump into the water. :)

Here is a link to some good information on how to get to the water taxi from the cruise terminal in Mazatlan:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=996060

Thank you, Jack, for the quick response. :) I have read most of the posts about Stone Island, but this is the one question I needed answered and I couldn't find an answer anywhere.....maybe I just overlooked it.

Thanks again!

You're welcome, have a great trip !! :)

Glad to see you will do it on your own. So silly to book an excursion to Stone Island when it's so easy to get to.

I insisted on a taxi to the boat launch as I had a recent knee surgery and didn't want to walk the "mile".....I'm a weenie.

We spent another 5 minutes walking from where the taxi let us off to the actual launch.

Because my daughter had researched the restaurants we chose one 1/2 way down the beach, but they treated us like royalty.

It was the least expensive day we had and the most relaxing.

Enjoy.

Glad to see you will do it on your own. So silly to book an excursion to Stone Island when it's so easy to get to.

I insisted on a taxi to the boat launch as I had a recent knee surgery and didn't want to walk the "mile".....I'm a weenie.

We spent another 5 minutes walking from where the taxi let us off to the actual launch.

Because my daughter had researched the restaurants we chose one 1/2 way down the beach, but they treated us like royalty.

Enjoy.

Do you remember the name of that restaurant?

Sorry to hijack - We ate at Victor's and it was awesome! Stone Island was the best day of our Mexican cruise as well. We got off the ship as early as possible, were the only ones on the water taxi and pretty much had the whole beach to ourselves for a few hours.

Wonderful, relaxing day - have a great time!

Enjoy.

Will see you there on our March sailing of the Mariner !! :)

It may have been Victors...that sounds familiar. It was about 1/2 way down. They gave us 3 of those white plastic loungers and a table with umbrella for my DD and DSIL who are both white as snow.

Unfortunately even with the umbrella, they both got very sick and missed dinner.

You know moms...I kept saying to them ..you two better put more sunscreen on....ah stop, we are adults we know what we need.

sicker n' hell......

Archived