Pride- Suite or connecting balcony rooms for kids with 2 and 6 year olds???

a6h73

It looks like we are going to go on our first family cruise with two other families next month. We are looking at the Carnival Pride b/c it take 2 year olds in the camp and we live near DC (and it sails from Baltimore so we can eliminate the flight).

I am debating between two adjoining balcony staterooms or a suite for us. The adjoining balconies are a little more expensive but not much. My 2 year old will not sleep if he see us, so I was thinking two rooms, but the reservation agent told my husband that the suites have a privacy curtain which could divide the room. I honestly dont know which is a better option. I may spend some time in the room given naps, etc. so I wouldnt mind a slightly bigger space.

Any advice on this? Please?!

I can't tell you what arrangement would work best for your family but perhaps I can suggest another option for your family to consider. The pride does have a few balcony cabins that connect to inside cabins near the front of the ship. the great thing about these cabins is the proximity to Camp Carnival and the arcade. The cabin pairs are the ones on the deck plans with the first balcony on either side, you see they connect to what is classified as an inside forward of them. (5106/5108)(6108/6112) etc.

stateroomdetail_PR_OB.aspxPRUPPER2.GIFPREMPRESS2.GIFPRVERANDAH2.GIF

That is a great tip, thank you. I will look into that. Do you know of whether there is any issue with being at the front of the ship (seasick kids etc?). Its been 15 years since I cruised so Im a little rusty!

Our family doesn't or hasn't suffered motion sickness problems (knock wood) so I may not be the best person to comment, perhaps others who read this thread will. The only complaint I have heard about these cabins is high winds but I doubt that can truly be an isolated issue as the entire side of the ship is exposed to the wind.

I should add that the deckplans on the Carnival site do not show the stairs at the front of the ship. Decks 4,5,6 and 7 are all connected by a normal stairway so any of the cabin pairs are easily accessible to the arcade and Camp Carnival.

Archived