Coffee card question/ Mini Suite Question

katboferguson

Hello everyone. My husband and I were just on the Crown the first week this month. Getting him to go on a vacation was a "feat in itself" as he hates to travel. However, he had such a good time that he now wants to go again.

I am considering booking a week in April on the Crown and have two questions.

My husband drinks plain coffee. He drinks several cups during the day. (He does not drink speciality coffee drinks.) On the first day we purchased our soda pop stickers and were sold a coffee card as well. We quickly realized that regular coffee was free in the food court areas and we returned the coffee card for a refund. We did not know at that time that he would have to pay for plain coffee pretty much everywhere else on ship except the dining rooms.

But now that we are considering going back, I am wondering if the coffee card can be used for plain coffee? With the coupon books having a buy one card get one free, it may be cheaper to do it this way rather that paying for coffee several times a day. (I forget how many punches there are on the cards.)

Next question, it doesn't look like I am going to get the incredible deal I got this month for our Rivera balcony cabin again. With that said it looks like a minisuite is only $100 more pp that a balcony cabin. The balcony cabin was plenty nice for us but I am just wondering since the price is not that much more if it would be worth it.

I would definitly recommend a minisuite. Especially since it is only $100 more per person. My family and I love the minisuites since you get a bath tub instead of a small shower. There are 3 of us booked in a minisuite for a 10 day in march. I hope this helps. Also the minisuites you have more room to relaxe.

It can be used to purchase fresh brewed coffee around the ship, especially in the lounges on the promenade and lower decks as well as in the other bars. It will be honored for this purpose as long as there remains one valid stamp on the card.

For only $100 difference, a mini suite is a great way to cruise. It would definitely be worth that small price for the extra space and much nicer bathroom with full sized tub/shower combination.

Did you husband try the coffee served in the buffet? It is the same type served in the dining room, so if he likes the dining room coffee, he should be OK with the buffet stuff. And what is served in the buffet is always complimentary.

Go with both the coffee card and the mini suite. We purchased the coffee card after one cup of the 'swill' served and after our 16 day cruise, only had one hole punched in the card. Used it for coffee and the teas offered. The card does not expire, so you can hang onto it or do what I did. I ended up 'paying it forward' on this board recently to another CC member who in turn has already 'paid it forward to another person'. A thought, if your husband only drinks plain coffee, have you considered a small coffee pot to bring along? I bought one (Black & Decker Brew N Go, look on amazon) and it's great. Unfortunately, I was silly enough to think I needed all those extra clothes (which I didn't wear) and left the coffee pot home. Never again! Would of loved to get up in the morning and have my joe without having to get showered and dressed to go down and get a cup. Since our trip was through South America and we have enough 'junk' in our house and don't need any more 'stuff', we bought coffee at each port. Would of been great to be able to have some of that while on the trip.

As far as the mini suite goes, this was our first major cruise and were so happy we chose the mini suite. The extra room was wonderful, not to mention the larger bathroom. No major complaints about the room (except the beds, but no biggie) and we were even on the Dolphin deck with one of those 'uncovered balconies' you read so many negative comments about (not a problem for us, either).

My husband had been a naysayer concerning cruising until this cruise and the mini suite was something he truly enjoyed and it convinced him that it is fun to cruise.

Archived