Which do you think would be of the most use?

Peemagg

I am traveling to the Bahamas with stops in Freeport and Nassau. I was wondering which mobility device would be more useful to me on shore excursions or should I bring both?

I have my mobility scooter that I will be traveling with due inability to walk distances. I also have what I call my "peg leg". It is actually called a "Hands Free Crutch". Should I just plan on taking both on the shore excursions or is there a better option I haven't thought of?

Thanks in advance.

I am traveling to the Bahamas with stops in Freeport and Nassau. I was wondering which mobility device would be more useful to me on shore excursions or should I bring both?

I have my mobility scooter that I will be traveling with due inability to walk distances. I also have what I call my "peg leg". It is actually called a "Hands Free Crutch". Should I just plan on taking both on the shore excursions or is there a better option I haven't thought of?

Thanks in advance.

Unless you were able to locate and book private accessible tours on your own, you probably won't be able to use your scooter on any excursions offered by the cruise lines . The tours buses will not have a lift to accommodate your scooter. Due to being unable to walk distances a Rollator with a seat might be a better option than your "hands free Crutches". The rollator will ensure you having a seat to rest on if needed.

We did find an tour group who says that they can accommodate my scooter. I was kind of thinking that there would be things that one or the other would be better for.

The crutch that I have is one that straps to my leg and I kneel on. It doesn't use my hands or arms like conventional crutches. It allows me to walk more like everyone else, it just gives me the look of an amputee from the front. This is why I call it my "peg leg", all I need is an eye patch and a parrot and I am all set for anytime a pirate is needed. LOL

We did find an tour group who says that they can accommodate my scooter. I was kind of thinking that there would be things that one or the other would be better for.

The crutch that I have is one that straps to my leg and I kneel on. It doesn't use my hands or arms like conventional crutches. It allows me to walk more like everyone else, it just gives me the look of an amputee from the front. This is why I call it my "peg leg", all I need is an eye patch and a parrot and I am all set for anytime a pirate is needed. LOL

Familiar with the crutch you are talking about. However still recommend the Rollator rather than the "HANDS FREE CRUTCH". Remember these are the Islands and ADA law does not apply. In fact accessibility is at a best an after thought than the norm. The walkways can be very rough, rocky, even cobblestones in some areas. The sidewalks aren't always level, patchy could better describe many of them. The crutch is not going to give you the stability you need. A rollator is truly a better option. It's your decision with what ever you feel most comfortable with, but consider yourself warned.

Archived