Carnival Splendor for Christmas

MALLE

• 3 months later...

I will be on Splendor this Christmas with the husband, kids,and in-laws. I started a roll call yesterday for this cruise because I could not find one. Come join the roll call unless there is already one that I don't know about?

MagPie II

I wish you all a wonderful cruise!

We, personally, would not choose to cruise at Christmas again. First, there are a LOT of kids (which I guess isn't a bad thing if you have yours with you but as adults traveling as a couple, the chaos was WAY too much for us). Second, while they do decorate and put on a nice Christmas dinner, we missed OUR decorations and OUR traditions, so we were rather sad. We also noticed that the crew was a bid down in the dumps since they were also missing their families and traditions too. So we'll do Christmas at home from now on.

New Year's cruises are a completely different experience for us though -- we LOVE them! And we DEFINITELY love Splendor!

• 4 months later...

On the Splendor in December, you'll have Kim the karaoke host. I was able to watch him do his thing on the Freedom in August. If you don't like karaoke, go (during a non-kid karaoke session) and you might just enjoy it. If you *do* like karaoke, he'll make it the best you've ever experienced.

Oh, and be sure to ask him to sing "Loving You" by Minnie Riperton. Better yet, ladies, dedicate the song to your guy and have the guy sit on a chair on the stage while Kim sings it. I promise you'll be on the floor in hysterics by the time he's done!

Happy sailing!

Archived