Where to stay in Beautiful Vancouver

Renorita

Well, I should have just checked for this link before I posted, but I needed another coffee first.

Here is the link to Grouse Mountain. http://www.grousemountain.com/

You will see the views are spectacular, and the mountain really is only 15 minutes from downtown.

Sue

Sue, thank you for the link it is awsome! :) Definitely going to try this.

Not having good luck with Priceline. :( First did not see a "downtown" choice, only Vancouver and Vancouver airport area. Next I put in a bid of $75 for a 4 star in the Vancouver (not airport) area. I didn't get it so they kept saying to change something, and when I put a higher price in, it would just go back to saying the same thing about needing to change one of my choices. Haven't tried the biddingfortravel site yet, so guess I will have to try it.

Also it makes you pay (which I did ) without knowing if the Hotel they give you is going to be near the Pier. Wish they would say something like "within a mile radius of the Pier or something like that.

Vancouver is the choice you want when bidding. if you don't get your bid you have to change something, like the star level or time of arrival. You can't just change the price. You will need to wait a week before you can bid again. You really need to read the directions on Priceline and definitely go to www.biddingfortravel.com so you have a better understanding of how to bid. One you learn, it's very easy.

Renorita,

Hotwire has some great prices today on rooms for Vancouver. There's a best value on a 41/2 star for $96 per night. It's probably the Sheraton Wall Center which is a very nice hotel with great rooms and especially nice beds. You might want to check it out.:)

Renorita,

Hotwire has some great prices today on rooms for Vancouver. There's a best value on a 41/2 star for $96 per night. It's probably the Sheraton Wall Center which is a very nice hotel with great rooms and especially nice beds. You might want to check it out.:)

Ma Bell, So funny that you just posted this. :) Thought I would try Hotwire, and we decided on the Sheraton Wall Centre for $93. It isn't as close to the pier as we were originally looking for, but it is in a good area for walking around to restaurants and shops, and sounds like it has great views! Have you stayed there?

Yes, we stayed there last August. The rooms are very nice with the best beds. It's really not that far from the pier. You need to take transportation anyway and I'd say it's about 10-15 mins. from the pier. Downtown Vancouver is fairly compact and you will be able to walk a lot. A nice thing to do to see some of the other areas like the park, Granville Island, etc. is to get on a Grayline double decker bus and just ride it all around the city. You can hop off and on as yiu wish. We found it a great way to get oriented the first time we went to Vancouver.:)

Thank you for the suggestion regarding the bus, we just may do that. Do you remember where you ate, or recommend any good places that are not fancy? Also did you stay in the North or South tower, and which one, if any would give the best view of the pier? Do you think if we called a head of time, we could get the view we want? Lots of questions. :) I realize since even if you can see the ocean, one would probably need binoculars to see the ship (Infinity), in our case.

I think the North tower is the one with the water view. It wouldn't hurt to call or e-mail the hotel before you go and ask them for the view you want. Two places we ate that had really good food, but were not cheap, were Don Francesco's for Italian food and Joe Forte's steak house. I don't know what you mean by fancy, but you don't have to get really dressed up to go either place. There are many good restaurants and if you're looking for something really casual I would just ask the concierge at the hotel. Also just type Vancouver restaurants in your search engine and you'll see how many restaurants there are. We had really good Chinese food, but I don't remember the name of the restaurant. There are lots of different ethnic restaurants in Vancouver.:)

Archived