Kids Backpack

Krismutt

Well just tried to get the kids crew backpack set up for my 9-yr-old DD and was told they no longer do that.:(

Luckily I didn't tell her about it. So we will just have to have her take her own backpack, not a big deal but just thought she might like it.

Just an FYI unless someone else knows how to get it.

I'm surprised to hear that since the Kids Crew Backpacks are still listed on the Bon Voyage Gifts section of ncl.com. I guess they need to update their web site.

I was actually looking at the website when I was on the phone. Seems to be just another one of their cutbacks. :rolleyes:

I am not really interested in the all you can drink soda for my DD so its not a big deal. We will just buy her something on board that has the ship on it.

Well just tried to get the kids crew backpack set up for my 9-yr-old DD and was told they no longer do that.:(

Luckily I didn't tell her about it. So we will just have to have her take her own backpack, not a big deal but just thought she might like it.

Just an FYI unless someone else knows how to get it.

We had gotten this for our 11 year old a couple of years ago...he did not want to be seen with it!!lol--it was really geared for kids 6 and under--smallish with primary colors. So maybe it's not a bad thing it was not available???

I believe that it is still available. MY mom, who is a TA is planning on getting a backpack for my 8 year old and a soda bracelet for my 13 year old as a bon voyage gift. Last I heard she had made the arragements last week.

I just called this morning and tried to purchase and they told me today it wasn't available. So unless this person I spoke to is wrong it might not be.? but I have seen on here that one person at NCL says one thing and another person at NCL says something different. Maybe I should try calling again..??:confused:

A year ago a "teen" back pack was one of the many items that were given away with the big bingo pack (I call the bright pink Binglicious Tee Shirt my $100 tee shirt). I've never taken the back pack out of the wrapper but it appears to be 14 x 17" ? and has a picture of a ship w/NCL logo on it. It's navy blue canvas.

Bet you can find one on eBay if you keep trying.

I've purchased one for my granddaughter for 03/20/10.

They've charged my card.

I sure hope that they've not changed their minds.

I really didn't think that she would be much impressed with it, but with the backpack and the hat, it was not much more than the soda card.

At the very least, that I know of, sodas for the cruise. Maybe more, I'll let you know in 5 weeks.

According to another post last year it had a pair of sunglasses and a t-shirt of some sort but that it was rather small.

The soda thing might go over well for my youngest two (8 and 6). They aren't normally allowed soda, but this might be a special treat for them. I might have to get them one. It's too bad you can't tell them the shirt size so they could at least get use out of it.

I'm curious as to if there is anything IN the backpack. There's no link to see pictures on the NCL website.

We just got off the Pearl Saturday and we purchased one for our 7yo and it came with a shirt, sunglasses, hat and a cup. I had to go to the Java Bar to get a sticker put on her keycard.

I just called and inquired about the backpack for my three year old, because the 9 day cruise we are taking is not listed under the bon voyage gifts. The NCL representative told me the cost for the kids crew backpack is $44 for the 9 day cruise. She said it comes with the backpack, soda card, luggage tags, t shirt, visor, sunglasses and one more thing I missed when taking the notes. I would just call back and speak to someone else if I were you.

I just called and inquired about the backpack for my three year old, because the 9 day cruise we are taking is not listed under the bon voyage gifts. The NCL representative told me the cost for the kids crew backpack is $44 for the 9 day cruise. She said it comes with the backpack, soda card, luggage tags, t shirt, visor, sunglasses and one more thing I missed when taking the notes. I would just call back and speak to someone else if I were you.

Yep just as I thought, all depends on who you talk to. I just don't understand how one person can say yes and one can say no. After talking it over with DH I think we are going to skip it anyways. I am not a fan of my DD drinking all she can soda and I can buy her some other souvieners that she can pick out herself. She is okay with taking her rolling backpack. But thanks for letting me know..

NCL needs more consistancy for the extra little things people inquire about.:rolleyes:

This is good to know, thanks! We're on a 9 day cruise too and it wasn't listed in the price list, so I just sort of calculated on my own....I was a bit off! :)

I ordered a backpack for my 2 1/2 year old for the March 19th Jade sailing. They charged my card about a month ago so hopefully we will get it! I wanted it for the pack and other stuff but he is not allowed to drink soda. I was hoping the card was transferable to an adult so that my husband could use it. Does anyone know? Thanks!

I ordered a backpack for my 2 1/2 year old for the March 19th Jade sailing. They charged my card about a month ago so hopefully we will get it! I wanted it for the pack and other stuff but he is not allowed to drink soda. I was hoping the card was transferable to an adult so that my husband could use it. Does anyone know? Thanks!

I'm just guessing, but probably not as the adult price is more. Maybe if you pay the difference?

I'm curious as to if there is anything IN the backpack. There's no link to see pictures on the NCL website.

Last year my son got a blue backpack and inside of it was a NCL kids crew t-shirt, a pair of sunglasses, a ballcap & a waterbottle along with the drink card bracelet. Our TA gave it to him as a gift. He was 9 and wore the shirt; but everything else was geared for little kids.

The soda thing might go over well for my youngest two (8 and 6). They aren't normally allowed soda, but this might be a special treat for them. I might have to get them one. It's too bad you can't tell them the shirt size so they could at least get use out of it.

You can bring the shirt to the kids crew area and exchange it for the correct size. We did it with no problem. They had put a youth small and he needed a larger size.

My 7yo daughter had a soda sticker on her keycard and I always carried it since she never seemed to have a pocket so I would just walk up to any bar and ask for a drink and show them the sticker. They never once questioned it. I think I had her with me once when I did it.

My 7yo daughter had a soda sticker on her keycard and I always carried it since she never seemed to have a pocket so I would just walk up to any bar and ask for a drink and show them the sticker. They never once questioned it. I think I had her with me once when I did it.

Thanks! I'll give that a try and see if it works!

Next time, you might want to try giving your DD a lanyard for the keycard. It's great for anybody who doesn't have pockets.

• 4 months later...

In May NCL was offering a promotion that kids under 17 got a free soda package. We have 2 kids(6,9) and they are both getting a writband, a mug and a sticker for there key cards. I was told by NCL rep that they didn't have to carry the mug with them all the time to get soda. We just had to show there wrist band or sticker. He said there is no way that they could tell (or know) who drinks the soda. He basically implied that DH would be ok without getting his own soda card. So you'll probably be ok to drink out of his cup without a problem.

As for me I can pass as a 17yr old:rolleyes: but don't drink soda

Archived