Rhapsody - Difference between D1 and D2 categories

allyman

Hi again,

I know I have seen a similar question posted on here before but for the life of me I can't find it.

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the D1 balcony rooms and the D2 rooms? Why are the D2 category rooms cheaper? Is it beacause of position? Will it be noisier, or do you experience more movement? In a nutshell is it worth the extra dollars?

Thank you all,

Ally

Hi again,

I know I have seen a similar question posted on here before but for the life of me I can't find it.

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the D1 balcony rooms and the D2 rooms? Why are the D2 category rooms cheaper? Is it beacause of position? Will it be noisier, or do you experience more movement? In a nutshell is it worth the extra dollars?

Thank you all,

Ally

Hi Ally

Without checking floorplans, I'd say D1 cabins are probably midship and the D2 ones are foreward and aft ... midship is always a bit dearer, probably because it is seen to be a more desirable option ... less movement and closer to the centre of things. Personally, we prefer to be midship so usually are happy to pay the few dollars extra to get one. Having said that, we don't always go midship. On Celebrity Infinity, for example, we had an aft facing cabin that had a huge balcony (about 3 times the size of normal ones). From memory, Rhap's aft facing ones have big balconies too and are in the same category as midship balconies, so they'd be my first choice and definitely worth the extra dollars.

Cheers

Bob

Ally, I agree with Bob - I think it is mainly position, and funny the interconnecting balcony cabins are also cat D1 - we certainly couldnt see any difference onboard - but if we went on the Rhapsody again we would go for D2 unless we could get an aft balcony - we had a corner aft and the balcony was absolutely huge - the other aft balconies were certainly bigger than the others but nothing like the corner! (of course all price dependent - sometimes it is only marginally more for say a JS)

Jane

Archived