Los Veranos Departure Location Questions

steveholtam

Hi all. I see that Los Veranos has four pickup locations. Hacienda Palms Real, Collage, Canopy Office and Le Kliff. I plan on booking this with them directly. We will be arriving on the Splendor at 9am ship time, which I guess is 10 am PV time correct?

Anyway, I want to get on this tour as soon as we get off the ship. They have a 10:45 at the Canopy Office, a 11:00 at Hacienda Real, and a 11:15 from Le Kiff.

Can I make it to any of these spots in time? If so, which would be the best location.

Thanks!

Hi all. I see that Los Veranos has four pickup locations. Hacienda Palms Real, Collage, Canopy Office and Le Kliff. I plan on booking this with them directly. We will be arriving on the Splendor at 9am ship time, which I guess is 10 am PV time correct?

Anyway, I want to get on this tour as soon as we get off the ship. They have a 10:45 at the Canopy Office, a 11:00 at Hacienda Real, and a 11:15 from Le Kiff.

Can I make it to any of these spots in time? If so, which would be the best location.

Thanks!

Last year we sailed on the Mariner of the Seas, so I can only speak about our experience with that. To verify the times you may want to phone Carnival to determine if their ship time is indeed one hour behind local PV time.

This is what we did. (By the way, Los Veranos was the highlight of our vacation!:D) Mariner arrived at 8am (9am PV time), we got off the ship about 9:15 and walked past the white taxi's immediately outside the pier and walked for a few minutes up the street to the main road and grabbed a yellow taxi. (they are less expensive.) We paid $10 for 4 passengers. You may want to just grab a white taxi since you are in more of a hurry. Anyway, from the ship south to the Canopy Office it is a 25-35 min drive depending on traffic.

Sorry, i do not know where Hacienda pick up is. Collage Disco is about 15-20 min. north of the ship with limited pick-up times, and you will be basically backtracking. Canopy Office is 30 min south and Le Kliff is probably close to an hour drive very, very south of the pier. Le Kliff is the last stop before heading up the mountain.

We arrived at the Canopy Office about 9:50am and our check in time was at 10:20 for the 10:45 am tour leaving from Canopy. Could we have made an earlier time of 9:45? Maybe. But we were req'd to check in at least 20 min prior, so probably not! And if we had been delayed an extra 5 minutes getting off the ship, then all bets would be off.

So, in your situation, I would think that the Canopy office is your best location, but I don't think you will make it in time for the 10:45 tour, since you are arriving an hour later than we did.... In my humble opinion, I think in your situation you should aim for the 11:45 am tour from Canopy Office to be on the safe side.

From the Canopy office it is approx an hour bus ride up the mountain to Los Veranos. Plan on at least 6 hours roundtrip from the ship for this excursion.

I hope this was helpful! Enjoy yourselves :eek:

Thanks!

As a general rule, the published itinerary arrival times are also the local time for that port.

Recent reports from Splendor passengers say they arrived between 0730-0800 ship's time (0830-0900 local time). It would be an easy process to get to the Los Veranos office for the 1045 excursion time slot.

For planning purposes, allow 3.5 - 4.0 hours for the excursion departing from their office with return to same. [45-50 minutes travel each way, 1.5 hours for the lines & half an hour for misc stuff at the site]

There can be more time added if you do additional "stuff" out at the excursion site like swimming, min-zoo, restaurant or tequila tasting.

Enjoy!

As a general rule, the published itinerary arrival times are also the local time for that port. (Not the case on the Mariner though in PV.)

Recent reports from Splendor passengers say they arrived between 0730-0800 ship's time (0830-0900 local time). It would be an easy process to get to the Los Veranos office for the 1045 excursion time slot.

For planning purposes, allow 3.5 - 4.0 hours for the excursion departing from their office with return to same. [45-50 minutes travel each way, 1.5 hours for the lines & half an hour for misc stuff at the site]

There can be more time added if you do additional "stuff" out at the excursion site like swimming, min-zoo, restaurant or tequila tasting.

Enjoy!

Thank you for clarifying the actual arrival times for the Splendor. Arriving at 8:30-9:00 local time is definitely a lot different then the OP originally thought. (Arriving at 10:00am it would be a challenge to make the 10:45 tour.) But since he will actually arrive earlier, I agree he should not have a problem booking the 10:45 tour now.

I will also be on the Splendor and 5 of us are doing the Los Veranos zip. I've done several e-mails back and forth with them. I was told by Aby (from the company) that the Collage Disco was the closest pick-up for the Splendor. We're going a little later (I didn't want to risk missing it) and will be picked up at 11:15 at Collage. However, Craving A Cruise is right - there are more limited pick-up times there.

3 of us walked up to the main street from the ship, showed a cab driver the address of the Los Veranos office, he smiled, said "zip lining, right?" and quoted us $3 each for the ride. It was worth it. It took about 20 minutes in the cab. There are a ton of cabs up the street ready, willing and able.

Archived