Ft. Lauderdale question

Palla

We are going on Oasis in April and are arriving in Ft. Lauderale on Friday. We're looking for an inexpensive hotel/motel (but clean, etc.) that is close to the port. Any advice? Thanks

Try going to Florida Departures Board here and repost your question

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Usually lots of good info found in these threads.

We are going on Oasis in April and are arriving in Ft. Lauderale on Friday. We're looking for an inexpensive hotel/motel (but clean, etc.) that is close to the port. Any advice? Thanks

I highly recommend using Priceline (if booking two per room) or Hotwire (if booking three to four per room). Just select the Downtown region - it is about a $15 cab ride from downtown Ft. Lauderale to the port. With Priceline you should be able to land a very nice hotel for well under $100 per night.

Based upon the recommendation of my TA, I booked a room at the Comfort Inn on Sterling; it's a bit South of the airport & cruiseport. It was around $80. She tokd me it's a bit tacky :rolleyes:, but it's clean and comfortable.:) That's about what I need for one night.

New Fairfield Inn called Fairfield Inn Airport and Cruise Port . Shuttle to pier and parking for duration / free breakfast don't know about free parking give em a call at 1-954-981-2700 . Staying there next year just sounds too convenient . We are using Marriott reward points but the usually run about $100 to $130 . Wait just looked free shuttle to and from the airport 45 day free parking for cruises and $8 apiece each way to ship . Good for us .

We stayed at LaQuinta in Hollywood in December. We used our AARP discount and I think the rate was approx $70. There was a free continental breakfast. They also had FREE shuttle service from the airport and to the cruise terminal. The accommodations where nice and the beds comfy. Enjoy your cruise. :):):)

Booked Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Airport-North

1851 SE Tenth Avenue

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316

We booked thru valuetrips.com and got a very good price. They have a shuttle from airport to hotel and shuttle from hotel to port. Not far from 17th Street.

Go to the North American Homeports link on this board. Click on East Coast Departures and then click on Florida. Lots of information on Fort Lauderdale posts.

We enjoyed the Hampton Inn 954-524-9900, shuttle to hotel from airport, same the next day to the port. Driver stopped at a convenience store for us so we could get soda 12 packs for the cruise. And hey, the van even had pink flamingos on the roof - that sealed the deal. :D Decent b-fast buffet, internet in lobby, clean. Van took us to a restaurant for dinner and picked us up. All the comforts of home...

Archived