Noordam sailing 03/25/10 - Samana excursions with Terry

alenushka

Hello. New to this site.

We have booked a tour with Terry (see below for description) and are looking for more people to reach a tour minimum and save some money. Please reply to us or directly to Terry. He was highly recommended by many people on different blogs.

Thanks.

Here is a description of the tour and his contact info:

We have only recently arranged our schedules to have Sundays available. I have up to three open tour groups set for each Sunday. You are welcome to join one if you see something that you like.

Generally one of the first ones to sign up for any of the options will be asked to act as the group leader so that everyone can coordinate a timely exit, together, from the ship. I recommend a meet and greet the day before arriving in Samana so that everyone is on the same page. This also allows the group leader to know if there is room to add more people to the group while on the ship.

All payments are in US cash. We do not take credit cards or advance deposits. (Dockside pickup for the following excursions depends on participation. Some tours may start from my restaurant.)

The following are the Sunday options.

1).

Itinerary:

First stop is my family's property to see some awesome panoramic views from 1,400 feet (450 meters) above the bay, tour a typical Dominican home and see the different fruits and nuts that grow here in the tropics. From there we go to a small country town with a coral church, hand rolled cigar factory and a quaint gift shop that are all accessed from the same parking spot. (They also have clean bathrooms which make it an important stop as well.) Then we would hit the El Valle beach and waterfalls for lunch (fresh fish and chicken, with a typical Dominican buffet) on the beach. All the while you get as much Beer, Coke, Diet Coke and Water that you can drink.

I have room for 20 and the price will be $55 for adults and $45 for kids 11 and under. (Larger groups can arranged with advance notice.) Lunch included as well as all your drinks (except when in restaurants).

The beach that you would visit is semi secluded. It is about a kilometer long but the problem is that the ocean can be a little rough at times, especially in the winter. The view from the beach is out of this world and most people don't care if they can't swim because the view of the mountains diving into the ocean is just so awesome. It's not that you can't swim it's just that you should not go out very far and on cruise ship days the local officials are very touchy about it. There aren't any lounge chairs at this beach yet but there are plenty of chairs available at the restaurant that we will eat at (you don't know where the beach ends and the restaurant starts). There is no snorkeling to speak of here either. The waterfalls however is a great place to swim and you can climb up and jump off of the falls into the pool below.

All sites on the itinerary are easily accessible but the waterfalls is a 10 min walk although the trail is very easy.

Please let me know what you think. I have at least one of my associates available for another open group going to El Limon Waterfalls that day.

Terry Lee Bandi

Tour Samana With Terry (809) 538-3179 local call in Samana

Rinconcito View Restaurant

toursamanawithterry@hotmail.com

Check tour sites here: http://www.tripadvisor.com/members-photos/toursamanawithterry

Check out some reviews:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147294-i1628-k2750287-Samana_Excursions_By_Terry_Lee_Bandi-Samana_Peninsula_Dominican_Republic.html

Archived