Captain's Club on RCCL

Hi. My first RCCL cruise is coming up, but I have cruised with Celebrity twice before. I've heard that I should get some benefits with RCCL with my Captain's Club membership from Celebrity.

I just did my online checkin this afternoon, and there was a place to enter the number if you've done an RCCL cruise before (sorry, I can't recall the name of the program at the moment), but how do I let them know I am part of the Captain's Club with Celebrity? Or should my travel agent let them know somehow?

Thanks!

Hi. My first RCCL cruise is coming up, but I have cruised with Celebrity twice before. I've heard that I should get some benefits with RCCL with my Captain's Club membership from Celebrity.

I just did my online checkin this afternoon, and there was a place to enter the number if you've done an RCCL cruise before (sorry, I can't recall the name of the program at the moment), but how do I let them know I am part of the Captain's Club with Celebrity? Or should my travel agent let them know somehow?

Thanks!

You should contact RCI's Crown and Anchor Society and give them your Celebrity Captain's Club membership #, you will then be enrolled in the C & A Society, with the benefits as if you had taken two RCI cruises. Unfortunatley, the C & A benefits ain't what they used to be, but still, something is better then nothing.

BTW, you do not add the two loyalty programs together, you just get the higher of the two programs, which would be Celebrity at two sailings.

You will not qualify for any benefits. Celebrity and Royal Caribbean grant reciprocal recognition of each other's loyalty clubs, but only if you are at the middle or upper tier.

For example if you are Select with Celebrity's Captain Club (middle level), you will be recognized as Platinum with Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor (middle level).

If you are Elite with Captain Club (highest level) you will be Diamond with Crown & Anchor.

But if you are Classic with Celebrity (lowest level) you will not be recognized at all with Crown & Anchor.

Thank you both! I will bring my Captain's Club number with me and register it once I'm on the ship.

My second cruise was actually 12 nights, so I believe it counts for 2 cruises on its own, which brings me to 3, though it doesn't bring me up above the lowest level (yet!).

Thanks again! :)

Archived