Grocery store near Mahogany Bay port terminal

Magpiequilter

We are coming in on Carnival this time so we will be at the new Mahogany pier. In the past we have walked to the Coxen Hole grocery store to stock up on beer, coffee, etc. I have been to the West End before - no grocery store there. Is there a grocery store in the West Bay we could buy supplies at?

We are coming in on Carnival this time so we will be at the new Mahogany pier. In the past we have walked to the Coxen Hole grocery store to stock up on beer, coffee, etc. I have been to the West End before - no grocery store there. Is there a grocery store in the West Bay we could buy supplies at?

There's nothing around MBCC except MBCC. You can buy liquor from the duty free shop (I didn't see 6ers or cases of beer for sale but wasn't looking) and there is a small kiosk/stand at the end of the shopping area that sells honduran coffee. However, your best bet is to catch a cab and head toward the airport which is between Coxen Hole and MBCC and go to Plaza Mar, the island's largest store. Or go back into Coxen Hole to Eldon's (used to be Warren's)which is where you've probably gone in the past. Eldon's has another store up in French Harbor which is taking a right on the main road out of MBCC and going about 3 miles. For any of these 3 expect a cab fare of probably $15-$20 or more. You might barter a bit with the cabbie. there might be newer stores around or these places may have changed. While I was on Roatan last month, we didn't venture off the MBCC grounds this time since the weather wasn't too great. Maybe Roatan One or some other ex-pat who frequents the island will have updated info.

Edited by crewsweeper

There's also the new grocery store Supermercardo at the new Mega Plaza outside of French Harbour. The plaza is on the left side of the road with the grocery store located in the section furthest from the road. They have a great selection and friendly helpful staff. Pretty sure they open at 9 AM.....

You can also keep going past the Mega Plaza and head to Eldon's in French Harbour (your driver will know where both stores are).

• 7 years later...

Great I found someone who knows something about the Mega Plaza, I am coming in on Carnival so porting at Mahogany Bay, Is it worth a visit to go see the Mega Plaza in Mt Pleasant and if I do is there a local bus or cab and what are the rates