Success !!

beachchick24

Just returned from the Jan 30 Freedom Eastern sailing and we (6 of us) successfully smuggled roughly over $1000 worth of booze (if it were bought in Canada.. In the US it was about $400) using rum runners...hid the cap in shoes, all in checked luggage(which was locked) !! We still had a small bar tab tho .. figure THAT one out ! haha

:p

Just returned from the Jan 30 Freedom Eastern sailing and we (6 of us) successfully smuggled roughly over $1000 worth of booze (if it were bought in Canada.. In the US it was about $400) using rum runners...hid the cap in shoes, all in checked luggage(which was locked) !! We still had a small bar tab tho .. figure THAT one out ! haha

your parents must be so proud.....:rolleyes:

Thanks for the info, and please ignore the sarcastic remarks from the perfect people

WOW! How much luggage did you bring?:eek: Well, I guess $400 US between 6 people isn't really all that much. What did you bring?

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun.:D

your parents must be so proud.....:rolleyes:

Gee, judgmental much?:rolleyes:

Quick question...why put the caps in shoes? That's the only part I'm curious about. LOL

Nevermind...I think I got it.

Are the caps metal or something? I don't have any RR's, and have always used those plastic flasks woth success. But they have metal lids, too. :confused:

Your information is very much appreciated!!! Thanks for letting us know! :):p;)

Quick question...why put the caps in shoes? That's the only part I'm curious about. LOL

Nevermind...I think I got it.

Are the caps metal or something? I don't have any RR's, and have always used those plastic flasks woth success. But they have metal lids, too. :confused:

I'm still curious. Anyone??? :)

I'm still curious. Anyone??? :)

The caps are plastic! So putting them into the shoes kind of disguises the cap from being overtly noticeable on the X-ray machines...

For all of you perfect/keener cruisers *coughcough*, I was part of Beachchicks group and let me tell you that the bar tab for my room was NOT small! We all purchased a wine package, as well as plenty of beer and drink of the days....

As well, it is true that you can just walk past the liquor table at port. The guy scanning bags, who told us to check it in, wasn't paying attention to us to we walked right past the table with our 750ml bottles of Van Gogh ($9 in San Juan... compare that to $45 in Canada!). As well, in Nassau I brought some rum runners in my bag just in case the booze cruise we were going on wasn't pouring strong drinks.... I forgot they were in my bag and put my bag through the X-Ray machine, which didn't even pick them up!

there's hope for us smugglers yet. i think most criticize for bringing booze on board. when in fact i think alot of us still spend quite a bit of money on our bar tab and probably spend more on other things. contrary to what some think, i don't think that people smuggling in booze is really going to effect cruise prices. if that is the case then why are they offering cruises so cheap right now. carnival and all cruise lines make alot more money than some think. it is the most profitable vacation business out there right now.

The caps are plastic! So putting them into the shoes kind of disguises the cap from being overtly noticeable on the X-ray machines...

quote]

Ahhh... I see. Thanks!

there's hope for us smugglers yet. i think most criticize for bringing booze on board. when in fact i think alot of us still spend quite a bit of money on our bar tab and probably spend more on other things. contrary to what some think, i don't think that people smuggling in booze is really going to effect cruise prices. if that is the case then why are they offering cruises so cheap right now. carnival and all cruise lines make alot more money than some think. it is the most profitable vacation business out there right now.

I bet us drunkards do have a considerably higher S&S bill than the non-drunkards who are allowed to bring on cases of water, soda/pop, & juice. As a matter of principle, isn't it only fair that they (and I am one of they) have to purchase their water, soda/pop, juice on board, just the same as alcoholic beverages? This would certainly boost profits as well. ;)

goodtoglow, you should try to post the pic you took of all the rumrunners in the makeshift liquor cabinet in your room !!

The stash:

Caribbean2010073.jpg

In rum runners (plus some we brought on in San Juan.... and at this point we had finished two rum runners and refilled them in San Juan...):

Caribbean2010551.jpg

Archived