Telephone?

mjz

Do staterooms have telephones? I don't see them listed under the description. If so, are the rates outrageous even if using a phone card? I work too much, it's how I'm wired. I'm looking forward to our trip next month, but am already getting anxious about staying on top of my business.

Do staterooms have telephones? I don't see them listed under the description. If so, are the rates outrageous even if using a phone card? I work too much, it's how I'm wired. I'm looking forward to our trip next month, but am already getting anxious about staying on top of my business.

Hi Mjz !

Yes, the staterooms have phones, but the rates are quite high. I'm 99.9% certain you cannot use a phone card in your stateroom. I highly recommend you communicate via the internet and email. It's not cheap either, but it will probably be far less expensive than phone calls. I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

Something else to consider--if your cell phone has an international roaming plan, it should work in all the ports. I'm not sure if Azamara has the cell service on their ships, as some of the larger cruiselines do. Maybe someone else can confirm or deny.

Definitely stay away from the shipboard telephone--rates in the past I have seen are $7-$10 per MINUTE. Internet and email is the way to go...or your cell phone, if you have an appropriate plan. (For instance, my uncle travels internationally on business a lot, so his iPhone has the international roaming plan. On our Carnival cruise in '08, his phone worked with no problems on the ship and in all the ports.)

Thanks guys. It looks like Azamara does have cellular service on their ships, but it would be very expensive. I don't have an international roaming plan, and will check with Sprint to see what that entails. Probably pretty expensive as well. I'll purchase an internet package on the ship and use that as my main means of communication. Hopefully work cruise on auto-pilot while I'm away.

Archived