Mar 7 Freedom Western Cruise

SHERRIFL

Hi Everyone~

Hubby and I have made a last minute decision to take this cruise for our 25th anniversary! Literally paying for it tomorrow! :eek: Need lots of help quick. We are loyal RCCL fans. Sovereign many times until it retired and then Monarch. Our only 7 night was Disney. All have been eastern so this is our first western. What I need help with ....ports. We can't spend much money and really like to enjoy the ship. With that said we don't want to 'miss' out on that one or two things because we didn't know. Not sure how warm the weather will be for beaches. Can you offer some suggestions? Oh, and can I just add we are so EXCITED!!!!!!!:D

Thanks a bunch!

Sherri FL

Hi Everyone~

Hubby and I have made a last minute decision to take this cruise for our 25th anniversary! Literally paying for it tomorrow! :eek: Need lots of help quick. We are loyal RCCL fans. Sovereign many times until it retired and then Monarch. Our only 7 night was Disney. All have been eastern so this is our first western. What I need help with ....ports. We can't spend much money and really like to enjoy the ship. With that said we don't want to 'miss' out on that one or two things because we didn't know. Not sure how warm the weather will be for beaches. Can you offer some suggestions? Oh, and can I just add we are so EXCITED!!!!!!!:D

Thanks a bunch!

Sherri FL

Sherri, go use the Ports of Call section of Cruise Critic:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=587

Lots of great information there.

Bon Voyage!

I really was just hoping someone could tell me 1 or 2 things NOT TO MISS on the whole 7 days western itenerary. I know on the shorter cruises there are stops people just stay on the ship and we are like that. We never get off the ship at Nassau. Anyway, I am short on time and didn't think I could read through all the port reviews. Also, lots of those reviews are on other ships.

PH8

~ thanks for the tip.....do you know the price? It currently says $549.00 for inside. We are FL residents. We have decided to wait it out to see.:) Is this a good, great, normal price for this trip?

Inside will be the same..........OVs will come down.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

Sherri ... Just quickly ... Ocho Rios, must see Duns River Falls. We used KnowJamaica dot com. Great service and cheaper than the ships prices. In Grand Cayman, must see the Stingrays. We used Native Way. Cheaper again and less people on our boat than the ship sponsored excursion. Labadee is a beach day for us. Cozumel ... we went by cab over to Mr. Sanchos. $45 I believe for all you can eat and all you can drink. Good food, strong drinks, incredible view.

Sherri ... Just quickly ... Ocho Rios, must see Duns River Falls. We used KnowJamaica dot com. Great service and cheaper than the ships prices. In Grand Cayman, must see the Stingrays. We used Native Way. Cheaper again and less people on our boat than the ship sponsored excursion. Labadee is a beach day for us. Cozumel ... we went by cab over to Mr. Sanchos. $45 I believe for all you can eat and all you can drink. Good food, strong drinks, incredible view.

Patty~

THANK YOU! This is exactly what I was looking for. :D

from their website it looks like OV will only come down $20.00. Is that right? Currently it says $719.00. Do you know how this fare compares? Is this as good as it will get?

That 719 is for a guarantee.no telling what cabin you get...........the $699 is for categories H,I(which are going for $800+)

I say book it now(or you can wait till Tuesday if you want an H or I.....then if the price comes down,you will get the difference back in OBC(but you have to monitor the rates and call them--they wont automatically do it)

BUT if you book an H or I today,they will not honor the price rate on Tuesday..........the sales event are ONLY for new bookings..

The rates are now are pretty decent.............

That 719 is for a guarantee.no telling what cabin you get...........the $699 is for categories H,I(which are going for $800+)

I say book it now(or you can wait till Tuesday if you want an H or I.....then if the price comes down,you will get the difference back in OBC(but you have to monitor the rates and call them--they wont automatically do it)

BUT if you book an H or I today,they will not honor the price rate on Tuesday..........the sales event are ONLY for new bookings..

The rates are now are pretty decent.............

Sorry for all the Q's....we are currently looking at booking the $549.99 inside gaurantee. We aren't picky about location...just happy to be cruising.:) Is that a good price? We are going to book it ...just wondered if you thought it would come down any. I have NO experience with the 7 nighters or Freedom. I only know what the great deals are for 3 and 4 nighters. I am really good about watching the fares.

Ok,I can only tell you what i would do........

seems you will pay 549 no matter what.......I would probably go for the Tuesday sale and grab a inside higher up(deck 6 or higher)....with the guarantee,you might wind up on deck 2 or 3............

I mean it wouldnt be all that bad......you're on the ship,but if I had a choice,I rather be higher up........

BUT make sure you call and book it asap Tuesday morning before they run outta of those rates..and when you do call, have their website in front of you to see what is available in whatever category you choose......then you can pick the best location for you

Its always a gamble to wait and see...I cant predict if it will come down anymore,but like I said,if it does,you get that credited back to you as OBC to spend on that cruise..

Ok,I can only tell you what i would do........

seems you will pay 549 no matter what.......I would probably go for the Tuesday sale and grab a inside higher up(deck 6 or higher)....with the guarantee,you might wind up on deck 2 or 3............

I mean it wouldnt be all that bad......you're on the ship,but if I had a choice,I rather be higher up........

BUT make sure you call and book it asap Tuesday morning before they run outta of those rates..and when you do call, have their website in front of you to see what is available in whatever category you choose......then you can pick the best location for you

Its always a gamble to wait and see...I cant predict if it will come down anymore,but like I said,if it does,you get that credited back to you as OBC to spend on that cruise..

Unless..........it's another Tuesday special, for new bookings only.

Just got back from FOS 7 night western.

Labadee - v.hot great beach day with lunch so no money spent except what I brought in the market.

Jamaica - v.hot again did "recession saver tour" with Phil Lafayette which included Dunn's River Falls - had a brilliant day check out his website

Grand Cayman - wind was too strong for the tenders to operate so had a day at sea

Cozumel - spent the day at all inclusive Nachi Cocom - this was amazing $49 for adults and $12 for the kids - all drinks free plus 2 course lunch - couldn't fault it

You will have a great time the ship is amazing as was the food, staff and the shows we managed to get too.

We just booked this sailing also a few days ago. We did adj inside promenade staterooms and paid 549pp and got free gratuties. I am so excited.

This is our plans.

Ocho Rios-booked a tour with Peat Taylor Dunns River falls, tubing and then Reggae Beach for the rest of the day.

Cozumel - we have done the dune buggy tour twice and it was awesome but this time we will either do ATV tour or go to Mr. Sanchos and rent ATVs there.

Grand Cayman - not sure; we have done stingrays and Rum Point twice which was great but really want to try something different this time. It just seems like everything is a stingray tour. We may just go to Royal Palms and have a beach day. We would really like to snorkel but I guess will see.

This is our first RCCL. We have sailed DCL several times and we are very excited.

Archived