Caye Caulker Transport?

justjen321

Morning everyone.

We are cruising with a party of 11 in one week, and we've decided to take the water taxi to Caye Caulker for a laid back day in the sun.

The water taxi's are confusing, as I've seen them listed on 'Caye Caulker's website at $15.00 round trip, but on another site that appears to belong to the water taxi operator (but seems to be not working well) as $30.00 round trip.

Anyone done this recently enough to know the accurate price? I don't want to tell my group one price and find out another.

As a side note, with 11 people, do we really need to reserve before we go, or can we just stroll over there and get on a taxi?

Thanks in advance!

Jen:confused:

There are 2 watertaxi services to Caye Caulker.

Caye Caulker Taxi is the $30 RT San Pedro Express was trying to get business and had specials at one time for $15 RT.

Email both of them for current schedules and rates as websites aren't frequently updated:

Caye Caulker:

ccwatertaxi@btl.net

San Pedro:

info@sanpedrowatertaxi.com

Make sure they can get your party on one of their larger ferries and that the return time is open or the larger ferry will get you back at least an hour -hour 1/2 before your ship's last tender.

While there is a beach on CC, it's not like beaches in other areas of the Caribbean, so bring towels or mats to use. Use this site as a gateway to learn more:

http://www.gocayecaulker.com/

And enjoy your day.

• 6 months later...

I know this is an old post, but just to clarify for those who may read this in the future. The difference in prices is the exchange rate. 1 US dollar = 2 BZ dollars. Both water taxi companies charge the same. As of August 2010, it's now $20 US Round Trip/$40 BZ Round Trip.

Here are the sites of both taxi operators:

cayecaulkerwatertaxi.com

sanpedrobelizeexpress.com

Archived