SEEKING INFO ON MILLENNIUM PENTHOUSE SUITES

Therapst

Hi Celebrity cruisers: Any input on your experience with the Penthouse suites on Millennium would be greatly appreciated. Anything from the suite itself to the amenities that come with it.

Thanks!

Randy & Mary

We took a family cruise for my Dad's 80th birthday over this past xmas and my parents were in the Penthouse suite on Millenium. We were all in sky suites down the hall but spent most of our time in their suite, enjoying the large veranda with hot tub, watching slide shows on the tv from our digital cameras each day, playing xmas carols and songs on the piano, and just plain enjoying all the space. What specifically did you want to know?

Hi btoohill,

Really, anything and everything. But for a few specific examples...

How large was the hot tub on the balcony?

Could you describe the Audio/Video systems?

What is the "security system"?

Did they (or you all) get invited to dine with the Captain?

Any other neat perks?

Thanks for any info you can provide...

Randy & Mary

1. the hot tub on the verandah would hold 2-3 adults, it easily held 2 teenagers and 2 kids.

2. the electronic equipment included large screen tv in the living room. I think there was a DVD player but there was definitely a VCR, and CD player

3. there was also tv in the bedroom -- didn't check it out.

4. I can't comment on the security system.

5. There were 10 of us and we didn't get invited to dinner with the captain -- I think my parents told the social hostess that this was a time for us all be together and that we were interested in eating dinner ourselves every evening. I know that my folks, who cruise often on their own and pay the big bucks for the suites have been invited to dine with the captain.

4. We did get a tour of the bridge with the captain and his wife

5. liquor of my parents choice was provided in the pantry/kitchen

6. special hors d'oeuvres were prepared each evening for us.

Thanks btoohill,

Can you also advise whether the "guest bathroom" can be accessed without going through the bedroom, and does it contain any shower facilities (I'm guessing not since they refer to it as a "powder room," but......)?

Randy & Mary

• 2 weeks later...

The whirlpool in the bathroom bay window has a small TV that can be view while in the indoor jacuzzi.

The security system allow you to view who is outside your door from an inside viewing screen.

All controls are electronic, curtains , blinds, audio.....high/low...on/off. The pantry has a full side by side refrigerator and microwave oven, and a wine cooler,......butler brought us bloody mary and margarita mix in jugs fro m the bar for the refreg. Scotch and vodka provided by hotel manager.

Patio had a wet bar, stationary bicycle, threadmill, and picnic table with umbrella. We had breakfast every morning on the patio.

We had dinner with the captain and visited the bridge.

The baby grand player piano was wonderful and could be played with the disks or for real.

We have already booked 6147, the penthouse on the Summit for next April 11th

Ron and Marie

Bada-bump.

What more info do you need? Here are some things based on PH on Summit which probably apply on Millinium:

1. The "Security System" is a little TV thing above the outside door. You can see who is at the door when the doorbell rings.

But, you should make sure your outside doors are closed when you are not in the cabin. Also, maintanence comes by almost daily, so be careful about getting a little too loosy goosy in the outside or inside jacuzzi icon_wink.gif.

There is the standard safe where you should put everything.

2. There is a butler pantry. He can get in there without going through the front door. This thing is a dream. Full-sized refigerator with ice maker/water. The veggie bin was filled with chilled wine glasses. There is a microwave and something that looked like it was to be used for the butler to keep things warm for meals. Also a normal sink/wetbar.

3. Two large plasma screen TVs plus one small TV in the indoor Jacuzzi. Two DVD players. A 6 CD player plus sound that you could even play (and control sound) outside on the verandah.

4. A baffling light system. This seems to be a Celebrity trait. We had the same problems in a Royal Suite on Mercury. Most times it didn't matter (at least during the day) but evenings it was annoying.

5. A somewhat baffling system for moving the drapes. That we eventually figured out.

6. A treadmill and stationary bike outside. Used the treadmill every day.

7. Somewhat non-functional bar on the outside. It was just not that clean, the surface was cracked, the refrig was pretty bad. Plus most of the time it was too hot if you did want to use it. Did mount a webcam on it.

8. Lots and Lots of sitting places outside. Two person lounge chairs, single ones, single seats. You could easily seat 18-20 out there. But as mentioned above, it can get quite hot.

9. Internet terminal inside.

10. And if you don't think you are going to have fun, please donate it to the George and MaryBeth fund icon_wink.gif.

George & MaryBeth

Archived