Carnival should take Customer Service LESSONS from Disney......

suzepoo

This board has many more fun people with senses of humor.

I mainly follow 3 boards on CC. Carnival board has the most interesting threads-and the more contentious-of the boards I follow. But all the boards have their "cheerleaders," as well as posters who claim they would never cruise that line because they had a bad cruise, but who can't seem to stay away from that message board.

We cruise CCL because of price and the number of ports available. We've cruised most of the major lines. The service and vacation product is not as elegant and well done as some of the other lines but the price is a bargain. It's an issue of choice. I can take more cruises on CCL than I can on other lines for the price. I want to cruise several times a yr. so CCL is my choice. I agree that their customer service could improve. On one cruise my husband's sign and sail card would not work on our door or for charging all week, yet they could charge the tips to it. We have different interests and this made the cruise less enjoyable. I spoke several times to the pursars desk and they kept telling me that they could issue another card for the door but the pursar had to do it. It never was done and I never recieved the promised call from the pursar. We have a company and we would never do that to a customer. We also travel to Disney World twice a yr and they are also great if you don't have a problem. We were given a room that had just been shampooed and had a vomit smell at Pop Century one Christmas. There were fans running in the room when we checked in. Wet carpet and vomit makes a unpleasant experience. We also have a child with serious asthma. They said they couldn't change our room and sent someone who sprayed an ozone product while we were out. We have a family joke since that trip that is if you really want to say I don't give a ....., say "Have a Magical Day". I really think these mega corporations know that there will be another customer in line right behind you so customer service does not have to be an issue. And we're back in Nov. for a week at Pop Century at Disney, because it may not be perfect but like CCL it's the best bargain in the vacation product that it provides.

Archived