9-C stateroom on the Glory

dixieva

We're looking at a cruise on the Glory in the fall and are considering room #8448, a 9-c on Verandah deck corner wrap aft. Anyone have an opinion of this room-pros and cons? The shape of the room seems a bit odd (looking at the lay-out photos on Carnival web site) but the balcony looks huge.

Anyone know the size of the room and the size of the balcony? Pictures would be great if anyone has any.

Thanks so much for the help.

I have 8428 on Triumph next month. Different ship class but identical aft wrap layout. Everything I have read says you will love it mainly for the huge deck. The room gets skinny near the right edge of the bed due to the corner shape but it has plenty of room and storage for two people. The only slight downside is the early morning chair scrapping from the lido when the crew is setting up for the day. It has two big windows instead of one on the other aft wrap decks which is another plus so you can lay in bed and look out on the ocean.

We're looking at a cruise on the Glory in the fall and are considering room #8448, a 9-c on Verandah deck corner wrap aft. Anyone have an opinion of this room-pros and cons? The shape of the room seems a bit odd (looking at the lay-out photos on Carnival web site) but the balcony looks huge.

Anyone know the size of the room and the size of the balcony? Pictures would be great if anyone has any.

Get it! ;):D Ill post some pics of it also after April. We love the wraps and cant wait. To me...ALL PROS no cons. :D:rolleyes:

I'm really glad to know that there are 2 of you with this room! Can't wait to hear all about it! I'm pretty sure we'll book this. I always get aft rooms on the RCI ships and love them. It was the lay out of this room that sort of worries me but I think the huge balcony will make up for it.

We are sailing on the Glory this Sunday and have this cabin. This was a last minute booking (only booked 2 weeks before sailing and I couldn't believe it was still available). I booked this cruise solely because of the balcony - I hope it's worth it!! We had an aft on the Victory several years ago (not the wrap though). The floor scraping did wake us up every day but now I'm hoping I can just put my mp3 player on, tune out the noise and go back to sleep. I'll let you know what we think we when get back.

I love the aft. wraps. Quiet and peaceful!! The only con is it can get hot back there, not much air movement back there. But I love it, have booked the same cabin again:D Oh and its a long walk to the lounge. but I can use the extra exercise.

I don't know what the cabin is like on the Glory,

ours was nice enough, but the Balcony..is Nice!!

We had the aft wrap on the Triumph.

Here is a pic from our balcony looking over to the

aft wraps on the starboard side of the Glory.

Your would be just like this, but on the other side

(enjoy it..we did)

AftWrapGlory.jpg

I have 8428 on Triumph next month. Different ship class but identical aft wrap layout. Everything I have read says you will love it mainly for the huge deck. The room gets skinny near the right edge of the bed due to the corner shape but it has plenty of room and storage for two people. The only slight downside is the early morning chair scrapping from the lido when the crew is setting up for the day. It has two big windows instead of one on the other aft wrap decks which is another plus so you can lay in bed and look out on the ocean.

We had 8428 on the Triumph a couple of weeks ago.

Nice balcony. I heard very little of the chair scrapping everyone

had mentioned and what I did, was not loud at all.

Here is your balcony :

STA71479.jpg

Here is a link to more pics

http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x233/SDZD/Carnival%20Triumph%202010/?start=0

Conchead-so the Triumph class ships and the Conquest class ships are the same? I know the Glory is a Conquest class ship and Triumph is not. I've only been on 3 CCL cruises so am not real familiar with the class ships. I know on RCI if the ship is a different class it is totally different in rooms and layouts.

Thanks for the pics! I really hope the balcony will be like the one you shot on the Triumph!

The Triumph and Conquest class are not the same but they share most of the fundamental layout designs. Essentially the Conquest is a stretch Triumph class with a larger lido area. The cabin configurations are almost the same. Especially the aft portion.

The Triumph and Conquest class are not the same but they share most of the fundamental layout designs. Essentially the Conquest is a stretch Triumph class with a larger lido area. The cabin configurations are almost the same. Especially the aft portion.

Ditto:)

• 1 month later...

So, any more info, especially anything (like photos) post dry-dock?

The prices of the aft wraps on my Glory sailing are coming down, so I'm curious to know if anyone who's been on her recently can show what they're like now. Also, any more comments on the Lido deck noise (or lack thereof)?

Thanks

- Steve

Archived