2 Children on Zuider (7 & 8) Yes or No?

Bridges300

There was never a charge for anything at Club Hal. I don't think our daughter missed a single arts & craft activity, and although they did not make anything extravagant there was never even a fee for materials.

On the Zaandam there were some Kid's activities which went until 10 pm.

For the Teens, ages 13 - 17 there were some nights where the activity did not BEGIN until 11 pm, other nights for the Teens began at 10 pm

• 1 month later...
Great for you. I'm sure you will all have a wonderful time. We are sailing in end of March. Have fun.

Hi Skylar64,

We are going to be on the Zuiderdam on 3/26. Is that when you are going? We have a 10 yo son. What are the ages of your kids? I'm hoping my son will make some friends to play with at the pool or whatever since Club Hal's hours are limited. He is usually pretty outgoing. We are thinking about bringing the Gamecube but aren't sure if it can be hooked up in our cabin.

We are in 7053. Where will your family be?

My children took their first HAL cruise when they were 9 & 14 and loved every minute...and they did NOT participate much in Club HAL! Don't forget that any HAL cruise has many other activities that children will enjoy: swimming pool, free movies with popcorn, evening entertainment, group games like Scattergories on at-sea days, hamburgers and hot dogs by the pool, ice cream in the Lido, board games with the family in the game room, arcade games, beaches/shore excursions/shopping/etc. on port days. And, just like with any trip, have them bring along some books, tapes, and a Game Boy for a little quiet time from time to time.

Club HAL will slip under your door each evening a schedule of the next day's activities for your child's age group, so you and your child can attend only those activities of interest.

Our children have been on two HAL cruises, both Caribbean in August, and the experiences were quite different. The first cruise had about 200 children on board, so Club HAL was in full swing. My teenage daughter met about 20 other teens who didn't participate much in Club HAL's teen activities but palled around together and had a terrific time. On the second cruise, for reasons we'll never understand, there were virtually no children--maybe a few dozen total. Club HAL collapsed age groups and there were very few activities my children were interested in, so they just stayed with us and did the things I've listed above. They had just as much fun, just a different kind of fun, and are jumping out of their skin about our next HAL cruise this August.

Bottom line: Look on Club HAL as icing on the cake for your children, not the be-all and end-all of their cruise experience.

Archived