Are the doors metal on the Ecstasy?

TXHillbillyGirl

I've read about people decorating their doors and thought this would be nice for the kids. I read that the doors on Ecstasy are metal, so I ordered a sign and such that are magnetic, then I read that the doors weren't metal. Can someone who has sailed her in the last couple of months give me an answer? We are in an inside cabin, if that matters.

Just wanting to know if I need to make other arrangemnts to decorate our door!

I've read about people decorating their doors and thought this would be nice for the kids. I read that the doors on Ecstasy are metal, so I ordered a sign and such that are magnetic, then I read that the doors weren't metal. Can someone who has sailed her in the last couple of months give me an answer? We are in an inside cabin, if that matters.

I'll be on the Ecstasy on Saturday for a five day cruise.

I'll be happy to investigate and report back in my review. I'll get some pictures, as well, so you'll have an idea of what you'll be dealing with...

If they're the same as every other Carnival ship I've sailed on the doors have a steel core with a non metallic exterior...

:)

Too excited to wait. I got my signs I ordered in the mail today. Need to know if I use magnets or tape. Magnets would be easy, but will do what I have to.

Thanks

I have always ended up using double side foam tape...

I'd swear that magnets won't hold much of anything in place but I'll let you know from the ship!

:)

They make a two sided tape now that comes off pretty easy, the sticky part resembles a thin putty like material, Wal-mart should have it.

They advertise it for hanging pictures and what not.

http://www.scotchbrand.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/ScotchBrand/Scotch/Products/ProductCatalog/?PC_7_RJH9U52300LM30I87QR3ES18H7_nid=3M1SZLN9N3gsTF1RRQ4PQRgl42SV3MDMBZbl

I couldn't find the one that resembles thin putty, but this one might work for you.

Wher did you order your sign?

I ordered my sign and magnetic sign from VistaPrint.com . You can get most items free and just pay the shipping. Yea, free. It's an advertising thing they do. I also ordered a free canvas bag and t-shirt. You can personalize everything. I love their stuff.

They also have business cards, yard signs, caps, pens, keychains...etc.

They have alot of shipping options. The "slow", cheapest way that says 21 days only take about 10-12.

Good luck with the site and have a great cruise!

Our grandkids always make cabin door signs for our cruises. They make them on large poster paper. Their mother has them lamenated. They have lots of fun making them by lettering with large markers and pasting pictures on them. We take plain scotch tape to stick them to the cabin doors. Bring something to cut away parts that may cover the peephole or doorknob. Hope you have a great cruise. Bon Voyage!

I would like to see a picture too. On our jan cruise our group leader and travel agent made signs for our doors .. but some jerk on one night took all 40 and put them on other folks doors so she took them up.

Has anyone had that problem of a sign taken?

We have gone on two cruises and have decorated our doors both times. You will just have to resign yourself to the fact that your stuff will get taken. We had little glittery smiley faces and found them on a few different doors a day or two later. We have had several things "taken" but still wont stop us from decorating our door. One day my daughter was coming back to the room for something and there was an officer from the cruise ship making sure that the decorations we put on the door would actually come off. (they were walle's from dollar tree) My daughter turned around quickly cause she was afraid they would talk to her. At the end of the cruise we just peeled them off and put them back on their paper and now my daughter has them on her door. Always a reminder of our cruise. Here are the pics from our 2nd cruise. We also decorate our window to we can see it from the dock.

100_0792.jpg.9511a86f9f9cb4d65b22076c90bea1ca.jpg

100_0793.jpg.a030738aae4f15f82755221b7eed1be3.jpg

I love the idea of putting something on the outside window. It makes it fun to see where your room is when you're in port.

Since we're sharing.. here's the room sign someone made for me for my upcoming cruise. It will be just me and my neice. We are celebrating her graduation, so I wanted to do something special. I also plan on buying some beach themed wall items from the dollar store to add to the door.

roomsign.jpg

Here's one that was made for me on our Disney cruise...

belford1.jpg

I haven't had time to take and post pictures. But you can go to vistaprint.com and make your own and preview it before you order. They come in differnt sizes and you can get hangers/grommets on them too. Mine is packed already in the bottom of my suitcase..lol But I will try and find some time to post it.

Archived