Basketball court on the Jewel

Smellytoes

Thanks that's exactly what I'm looking for. It does look like the full court. Now, do I take the Spirit (7 minutes from my house but did it last year) or drive to NYC and take the Jewel (never been on the ship but have done the itinerary 3 times)????

How heavily used is the court? I'd like to play some tennis on sea days but it doesn't really seem worthwhile to bring my racquet if the court is usually full.

It seems like it depends on the ship and the time of year. We went on the Dawn twice in April for longer cruises and my kids had the basketball court to themselves. But the cruises in the summer on ships full of kids the court is in constant use. It you went up there early in the morning you might be able to play (or later at night). If you are on the ship on port days you might also get it to your self.

Thanks that's exactly what I'm looking for. It does look like the full court. Now, do I take the Spirit (7 minutes from my house but did it last year) or drive to NYC and take the Jewel (never been on the ship but have done the itinerary 3 times)????

You can take the bus from Boston to the port in NYC. Entertainment Tours.com is the website. We take it our of Providence. We love not having to drive to NYC. It is $100 PP RT. I priced parking, train, regular bus and it is still a better deal to take the bus to the port. Hope this info helps you decide! We are on the Jewel May 8th and can't wait! Reviews of the Jewel are very good. We loved the Dawn and Gem so I know we will love the Jewel too!:)

You can take the bus from Boston to the port in NYC. Entertainment Tours.com is the website. We take it our of Providence. We love not having to drive to NYC. It is $100 PP RT. I priced parking, train, regular bus and it is still a better deal to take the bus to the port. Hope this info helps you decide! We are on the Jewel May 8th and can't wait! Reviews of the Jewel are very good. We loved the Dawn and Gem so I know we will love the Jewel too!:)[/quote

We've done that a couple of times but now its actually easier and cheaper for us to drive to NYC and park at the pier. There are at least 5 of us. (sometimes 6)

Archived