Spa Food

Tide Pride

Hi:

We are new to Celebrity with our 1st Cruise this April on the Millie. We have cruised four previously on RCCL and enjoyed all four with the exception of the food preparation and serving temperature.

I have seen some comments about Spa food. Is this only for people using the spa facilities or can you just walk in anytime. What are the serving times for the spa food? Is the food there different from the dining room or the buffet ?

Thanks in advance...

No, the Spa cafe is immediately next to the T-pools on the M-class ships, and is open to all.

Hours are (IIRC)

7-10 am for breakfast

12-8 for lunch

The food is different, since it's all (relatively) light & healthy type cuisine - grilled and poached dishes, etc. though there are also vegetable & fruit plates, a chilled soup and two desserts to pick from.. Most is cold, though there will be two hot dishes available in the afternnon (they take ~15 minutes to prepare, however)

It's well worth eating at least some meals there.

I agree with the above posters - I ate from the Spa menu on the Infinity and thought it was very good if you're looking for something lighter but also a little different than the usual buffet fare. We were told that the staff that operates the specialty restaurant also operates the spa food and you can see the similarity in the food. You should try it out! Happy cruising!:)

on the Infinity never really tried it decided to correct that on the Summit. Liked it very much-sometimes for lunch and many times as a small meal to tide us until the late seating.

You know how it is on the ship-you tend to overeat and over indulge-so it was nice to have choices that were tasty yet a bit lighter.

definitly keep an eye on the menu at the spa-well worth sampling

nadine

As for the hours of the Aqua Spa buffet, I THINK they were from about 7 or 8 AM (we are NOT early risers so I'll never know first hand) until 8 PM. The nice thing is that the cold items are already plated, so you can swing by and grab a quick bite with little or no line.

Linda

The food in the Aqua Spa Cafe is wonderful. I think that the previous poster is correct that it is operated by the same crew who handles the speciality restaurants. We were on the Millennium in August 2004, and the same managers who were at the Olympic at night were working the Aqua Spa Cafe during the day.

What I wouldn't give to be in that nice warm T pool right about now.....(just too cold here in NY!)

Toni

Archived