Oosterdam Cabin Beside Elevator

Venicegal

We are holding a balcony cabin that is right next to the outside elevator on the Oosterdam on a cruise to Alaska. Will the elevator obstruct our view from the balcony? We have sailed on HAL, but not on any of the ships that have the outside elevator, so I'm not sure how far they stick out. We are excited about having a balcony to enjoy the view, but now we are afraid that the elevator will be in the way. We are sailing with family, so we need two cabins that are beside each other and I'm not sure if these were the only ones available. Thanks for any info.

We looked at the SA cabin beside the elevator. I was told that the people inside the elevators would have a clear view of us on our balcony. Is that true? After being told this, the privacy issue was a deal breaker for me. We look forward to lounging around on our balcony, enjoying meals there, etc. So we picked a different location.

Yes you will have a slight obstructed view with the elevators sticking out a little.

And yes people standing by the glass part of the elevator can see everything on the balcony right next to the elevator -- but the majority of the time the elevator goes by very quickly so it is just a glance. Only when the elevator actually stops at a deck can people really observe everything on that balcony.

Archived