Ruby Princess Sailing - Feb 28th

Parvatiiv

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the boards here (obviously). I've been reading for a while but never posted. A few things I've read though have peeked my interest. Of course coming up on the February 28th sailing of the Ruby Princess, I'll be on board and I'm taking a friend of mine with for their first cruise.

A lot of people have mentioned taking the galley and bridge tours as well as the chef's table for dinner. If anyone wouldn't mind letting me know, how do you sign up to get chosen for any of these and how quickly should we do so? Also, if you know the prices it'd be a appreciated but not entirely important to me personally.

I was also wondering if anyone knew the restrictions of bringing liquor back from the islands. I know since we're calling on St thomas that we can bring more but I wasn't sure of the exact limitations. (I fell in love with Rum Punch back March on the Caribbean Princess). I also know that on board they offer lockable bags for transporting said bottles back from the trip but does anyone know if these would be permitted (locked) as a carry-on?

That last two things I wanted to ask is related those who already sailed Ruby. We'll be in Cabin A426, Balcony grade. The Princess site lists it as "room for three" however doesn't specify if this means it will have a bunk bed or just more space for a roll away. Does anyone know which this will be?

And finally, in one of the Ruby reviews, someone mentioned a Maitre'D named Godwyn. I believe the review said he was in the Da Vinci dinning room. I believe he may be the same person who worked on the Crown Princess 3 and a half years ago. If anyone knows if this is truly him or if you could just confirm that's the dinning room he's in, it'd be appreciated. He went above and beyond for my family on their 2 week Caribbean tour back then and have told me tons of stories and it'd be an honour just to meet him.

If anyone can help me with your great insight, it'd be greatly appreciated. I don't expect answers to everything, I'm just happy to be here and excited to go again.

Just off the Ruby yesterday. Took the Ultimate Ship Tour. It was great but the kitchen was eliminated from the tour.........they stated health reasons. We signed up at the Service Desk they day we boarded. They stated people were choosen through a lottery system. There were 11 on the tour.

We will also be on the Feb 28th Ruby cruise. Godwyn is scheduled to be back onbaord after a few months off but not sure which anytime dining room he will be assigned to. Just check both and he will be out front in one of the two anythime DR.

Yes, he was also on the Crown back a few years ago so I'm sure he's the one you remember.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise & maybe we'll run into each other.

Archived