Aruba

dottiedef

Hello,

I went to Aruba in Feb 2003. Of the places you mention, I only visited the Natural Bridge.

The Natural Bridge is a very beautiful place to visit. That side of the island, compared to where the ships port, is very desert-looking. Quite a contrast from the lush palms, flowers and greenery of the other side. It's quite windy there, therefore a bit cooler than on the other side. If you're a shutterbug (as I am), you'll find plenty of shot there (as I did!). BTW, there's two bridges - the big one and a smaller one. You can go down to beach level (big bridge), but cannot remember if you can for the smaller one. When I visited, there was a souvenir & snack shack.

I also visited the Butterfly Farm. I found it quite interesting.

Aruba is a very beautiful island - it was my favourite of all the port stops on that cruise... what ever you there, you will definately enjoy your stop there.

Julie :)

• 1 month later...

My wife and I stayed in Aruba a few years ago. I realize that you will only there for the day so if time permits we highly recommend the 4x4 off road tour. It lasted all day, went all over the island, criss crossed it top to bottom.

It included lunch and snorkeling/swimming on the tour companies island. It was one of the best tours we have ever taken. The island is a desert except for the hotel strip where the green keeps it green as a local said. We got dirty and sweaty but as I said it was a great tour. In fact when we stop any place we look for off road tours so you can see the places off the beaten track.

Archived