Cairo Museum from Alexandria private tour

edpacecar

Will be in Alexandria on the Westerdam 09/28/2010. Since we have toured the sphinx, pyramids and Nile lunch cruise. We are interested in find private tour to the Cairo Museum plus one other sight to see. If anyone has set up a private tour from Alexandria to the museum please let me know tour company and tour itinerary. Since we would be 3 hours from port somewhat worried about getting back to ship on time. But prefer private tours as you get more information and a better time.

Hi Ed and Donna -- I'm on the same cruise. I've been to Cairo a couple of times. Any of the companies that are frequently referred to on these boards are good options (e.g., Ramses, Moustafa, Nile Blue, etc). They are all very conscious of the need to return passengers to the dock on time. Luckily we have until 11pm. A walk through the Khan el Khalili bazaar is also good fun and lots of photo ops.

If you're wanting to stay in Cairo itself, the Coptic area is worth visiting -- some very ancient Coptic Churches and synagogues and a bit of the old Roman walls can be seen. Since we're going to be in Istanbul, you will have already seen some fabulous mosques.

If you're willing to go a little out of Cairo, you could consider either the step pyramid and tombs at Sakkara or visiting the site of Memphis, one of the "old" capitals of Egypt, with the famous colossal statue of Ramses.

huge-ramses-ii-statue.jpg

Archived