Valor - Aft Balcony Cabin - 8b??

colemkr

We are looking to book room 7442 (8b) for the May 22nd cruising. I have done some reading on here about the aft cabins so I am looking forward to it. Does anyone have any input about this cabin in particular or the aft cabins in general.

Thanks!

Kristin

the corner aft cabins have a 75ft wrap around deck and are triangular in shape..good room, but you can hear the motors and there is a lot of water displacement noise from them. It's not really annoying, but you will notice it.

I have never heard any motors or rushing waters from motors.. (do ships use motors today??) I have sailed aft 3 times and its the only way I will sail. Next cruise--22 days on the aft of the Miracle.

I can tell you that the afts are not private. the balcony above it sits steps back from the one under you-- so you can see people only if they are standing at the railing. Do not expect lounge chairs out there. You get two chairs and a table. The chair does recline back though. A lounge chair will take up a lot of room on the balcony. It is larger then the ones on the side.

It is a further walk to the elevators/stairs but the hallways are quieter as people dont go where they really dont have to especially if its out of the way.

PS if this is a cabin you may want---get it booked as they go very quickly. You can always change your mind later.

Grab It!

You will love it. I found my aft balcony on the Triumph to be my best cabin. I especially enjoyed it late at night and early morning!

As said before, the extended balcony is twice the size of a regular balcony. I do remember though that the aft end balconies on the Triumph did seem a little smaller in width than the other aft balconies.

Archived