Same cruise line different ships

sesquius

I just completed a cruise on the Navigator of the Seas and was slightly disappointed with the quality of food.

I was wondering if the same food is served on all the ships or if they differ by classes (Oasis, Freedom, Voyager, Vision...etc). I guess I was expected a wider selection, such as a different type of eating experience on the Promenade Cafe verses what I would find in the Windjammer. Overall I wasn't all that impressed with the food, especially the dinner meals.

Just curious...Maybe I just had too high of expectations for food.

I just completed a cruise on the Navigator of the Seas and was slightly disappointed with the quality of food.

I was wondering if the same food is served on all the ships or if they differ by classes (Oasis, Freedom, Voyager, Vision...etc). I guess I was expected a wider selection, such as a different type of eating experience on the Promenade Cafe verses what I would find in the Windjammer. Overall I wasn't all that impressed with the food, especially the dinner meals.

Just curious...Maybe I just had too high of expectations for food.

The menus and the food are the same on all their ships regardless of the class of the ship. What more likely does differ from one ship to another, is the quality and talent of the people who prepare the food on the various ships. When they are feeding hundreds or thousands of people at every meal, it may be a bit presumptuous to expect more than banquet quality meals and mild disappointment may actually be a positive comment. I know some very good land-based restaurants where the quality of the meal you will get can vary dramatically depending on who is working in the kitchen on any given night. In fact a recent article concerning a "name" chef who has several restaurants around the country mentioned that when he is not in the kitchen of one of his restaurants the dining experience is considerably less than when he is there personally overseeing the kitchen staff.

Archived