hard of hearing accomodations?

toezinthesand

I am planning a cruise in June aboard the Splendor with a friend of mine. This will be my second cruise, and I am beyond excited :D. However, since my last cruise, I have lost most of my hearing in my left ear and now use a hearing aid. However, I wondered if anyone was aware of whether Carnival has special seating for hard of hearing guests during shows, or dinner, etc? I am booking through a travel agency, and not with carnival directly, so I'm not sure how it would work.

I think during dinner, I should be fine, as long as I don't sit at a huge (10+ person) table...I'm mostly just worried about during the shows, and wondered if there might be reserved seating for deaf/hard of hearing guests.

Thanks so much for your help!

I am planning a cruise in June aboard the Splendor with a friend of mine. This will be my second cruise, and I am beyond excited :D. However, since my last cruise, I have lost most of my hearing in my left ear and now use a hearing aid. However, I wondered if anyone was aware of whether Carnival has special seating for hard of hearing guests during shows, or dinner, etc? I am booking through a travel agency, and not with carnival directly, so I'm not sure how it would work.

I think during dinner, I should be fine, as long as I don't sit at a huge (10+ person) table...I'm mostly just worried about during the shows, and wondered if there might be reserved seating for deaf/hard of hearing guests.

Thanks so much for your help!

Contact Carnival. They would best know what services they can provide for the hearing impared.

I wear hearing aids in both ears and to be quite honest I never thought of this - glad you brought it up. I just assumed that it would like anywhere else I go, no accommodations on their part, just mine. I would think (my opinion only) that if it is just limited hearing loss in one ear there would not be anything but I would be interested in knowing - please let us know if you find out anything. I am sure that a large percentage of people cruising has hearing loss to some degree as I find majority of cruisers to be older.

My daughter is also hearing impaired. We took her on a cruise about a year and a half ago and she had not trouble hearing in the shows. The hardest thing on her was when she shows are too loud it hurts her ears. At those times we usually took her hearing aids out and covered her ears with our hands. (Yes, hearing impaired people have sensitive ears.) I do remember them asking me if we needed special services in the event of an emergency. I didn't feel that it was necessary since we would be in the cabin with her. We also had a friend traveling with us that was hearing impaired and she didn't seem to have a problem hearing either.

Carnival is great to work with.

Thank you all for the information!

Tbay-eh, I'll let you know what I find out. Or, I might just see how it goes...and ask later (on the cruise) if I have any trouble. Although my hearing loss is only significant in one ear, I've been surprised at how much difficulty it causes at times!

Seafor2, I agree, hearing impaired people DO have sensitive ears...and even more so with hearing aids.

Archived