A RCCL fan looking for Alaska Help

seadude

Hi

We are thinking about cancel our Solstice cruise on June and Book an Alaska Cruise. I was thinking first about the Rhapsody of the Seas but to be honest is an old ship and very poor the itinerary (almost 4 days at sea) and only 3 ports. My other option is Princess and I had herd a lot of good things about all of you on the board.

My question is what ship to book. In one hand is Sapphire Princes and in the other hand is Golden Princes. The Sapphire is newer and has better layout than the Golden but the Golden goes to Glacier Bay and has a recent dry dock.

Any way I really want to enjoy this vacation, it is the first time that my wife it is going to see the snow and we want to spend a nice time also we dont know almost anything about Princess so we want to hear about all Princess pros the suggestions.

We have sailed both ships, and either is a good choice. Do not be fooled by the "age" of the Golden, she is well-maintained. I would definitely choose the Glacier Bay itinerary.....and select the cruise based on itinerary and convenience of the sailing date for you. Either ship will provide a pretty-much equivalent on-board experience, so let your port preferences be your guide.

I was stuck between the Sapphire and Golden for this upcoming May. Initially, I chose the Sapphire because we have been on the Diamond (sister ship) three times and loved it. We also been onboard the Golden last year after dry dock and it is a great ship. In the end, we based our decision on the itinerary (Glacier Bay-Golden).

Archived