Saved us another pre-paid gratuities question.... :D

Tenga1899

Not that it will matter to most of you, but for those special few CC'ers out there, especially the ones tired of rapidly cloning threads and topics ;) , I'd thought I'd share this little tidbit.

I was looking through my Funpass and noticed it said Pre-paid gratuities = $0.00 on my account summary. Thought to myself, weird, that would definitely have been an option I would have checked right off the bat. So I was going to ask my excellent cohorts here if it showed $0 because it really is now part of your cruise fare or not when I decided to use that wonderful Search option for the board and, yes, while searching for "pre-paid gratuities" does pull up a BUNCH of threads, it also, specifically, pulled up a thread with a perfect answer for my question, dated 3 months ago. Last time I cruised, I planned through a PVP and I pre-paid at that time, so my Funpass showed a monetary value for Pre-paid gratuities, this time I just clicked around on the Carnival site and I had no money paid. The thread I pulled up says I need to call the reservation number now to pre-pay if I booked online or just wait til I board, so, thanks for getting it done for me in the past guys:D, though I doubt it was the only time! :rolleyes:

For the naysayers, the search function does work, I use it all the time... There is a degree of patience in the user though that is needed to find what you need! It Works!! Trust me!! :p And that is all...I don't have a question, just wanted to say something beyond re-announcing an increase in price or whatever...:rolleyes:

And that is all...I don't have a question, just wanted to say something beyond re-announcing an increase in price or whatever...:rolleyes:

What??? When's the price increasing??? :D;) JK!!

There have been A LOT of posts saying the same thing lately (Bon Voyage Dept, price increases, booze smuggling)

Good job on your self-sufficiency. One time there was a person who bothered to ask on this board what the 800 number for carnival was. It would have taken 3 nanoseconds to retrieve that information herself...but there's no such thing as a stupid question, right??

I am sorry if this has been asked millions of times but I don't usually open threads on pre paid gratuties and we always sail RCCL, this August we will be sailing CCL Dream for the first time. I just paid our cruise off in full and didn't know I had the option to have the tips added to my cruise invoice (we use a TA that we always use for our cruises, not a Carnival PVP).

Do I request the tips get put on my Sign/Sail card? On RCCL, I belive you can do that but we always use the envelopes we get and pay cash.

Can you please help me and since I have already paid in full, can I still do this.

What do the employees prefer? Thank you.

Your Funpass will have a cruise invoice section, for me on page 6, that itemizes your invoice, one of the items is Pre-paid Gratuities, mine shows $0.00 because of course I booked directly online and you can not pre-pay. For me, I now would need to call Carnival and prepay over the phone, or, if I so choose, when I sail the pre-paid gratuities would automatically be placed onto my S&S card. So, if you would rather pay them early as part of your "fare" versus pay them later as part of your on-board bill, that is the way to go. Many people are shocked that as soon as they get on board they are already $140.00 (for 2 people, 7 day cruise) in the hole before they buy their first drink, photo, or excursion. Pre-pay prevents that shock.

You can still do the envelope route to tip over and all that stuff but I guess they figured it would be easier to handle it automatically for the patrons. Doesn't mean plenty of people dont protest it though :( Cheapskates!:eek::rolleyes:;) lol...just kidding....:o

Your Funpass will have a cruise invoice section, for me on page 6, that itemizes your invoice, one of the items is Pre-paid Gratuities, mine shows $0.00 because of course I booked directly online and you can not pre-pay. For me, I now would need to call Carnival and prepay over the phone, or, if I so choose, when I sail the pre-paid gratuities would automatically be placed onto my S&S card. So, if you would rather pay them early as part of your "fare" versus pay them later as part of your on-board bill, that is the way to go. Many people are shocked that as soon as they get on board they are already $140.00 (for 2 people, 7 day cruise) in the hole before they buy their first drink, photo, or excursion. Pre-pay prevents that shock.

You can still do the envelope route to tip over and all that stuff but I guess they figured it would be easier to handle it automatically for the patrons. Doesn't mean plenty of people dont protest it though :( Cheapskates!:eek::rolleyes:;) lol...just kidding....:o

Thank you.

So, since I have already paid in full, I can call CCL and pay for the tips to be added. How will the crew know I have already tipped them if I am not handing them an envelope with money? Will I get a voucher to put in the envelope?

AND, if I decide to not do this, my tips for the 5 of us will be on our S&S card.

Is above both correct? Thank you.

Thank you.

How will the crew know I have already tipped them if I am not handing them an envelope with money? Will I get a voucher to put in the envelope?

AND, if I decide to not do this, my tips for the 5 of us will be on our S&S card.

Is above both correct? Thank you.

You are correct.

The most used method right now is the tips being added to your S&S card. The crew doesn't wait for an envelope like they used to since most are done automatically and few people use the envelopes. Unless you say otherwise, the tips will be put on your S&S card, the only difference if you prepay the tips, then a credit is posted to the account, and the tips deducted with the net difference being $0. Just the convenience of not having that bill sitting on your charge card when you get back home.

Archived