Cigars and P and O

Drelix

A friend of mine is asking is there cigars available on board or would he have to take them on board?

He is going in a few weeks on his first cruise i have been able to help him out a lot but not sure on this as i dont smoke.

A friend of mine is asking is there cigars available on board or would he have to take them on board?

He is going in a few weeks on his first cruise i have been able to help him out a lot but not sure on this as i dont smoke.

hi Drelix, i think to be on the safe side to take his own, they sell cigarettes but i dont think cigars

rkmw

On pacific sun 2 weeks ago Cigars were allowed to be smoked on the rear outside deck port side only!

So all P7O ships must have an area

I don't think they sell them on board along with rolling tobacco and pipe tobacco.

your friend would be best to buy them in a "Duty Free" Shop before he leaves!

Also for smokers it is now better to buy your "Duty Free" smokes ashore before you depart and bring them aboard as they are now $11 per pack on the ship and about $4.50 duty free!

You are allowed to take them onboard and keep them unlike alcohol!

On pacific sun 2 weeks ago Cigars were allowed to be smoked on the rear outside deck port side only!

So all P7O ships must have an area

I don't think they sell them on board along with rolling tobacco and pipe tobacco.

your friend would be best to buy them in a "Duty Free" Shop before he leaves!

Also for smokers it is now better to buy your "Duty Free" smokes ashore before you depart and bring them aboard as they are now $11 per pack on the ship and about $4.50 duty free!

You are allowed to take them onboard and keep them unlike alcohol!

p&o seem to getting greedy with their smokes.....$11 per packet onboard ?

on the Sun Princess at christmas time they were AU$8.20 at the bars and if you ordered the cartons from the duty free they were approx $25-$30 per carton....depends on your brand but we were cruising to Vila and if the ship doesnt go to Vila the price of smokes double in price

on our last cruise we were on the Diamond Princess and they were US$4.50 across the bars and US$27 from the duty free shop per carton

rkmw

p&o seem to getting greedy with their smokes.....$11 per packet onboard ?

on the Sun Princess at christmas time they were AU$8.20 at the bars and if you ordered the cartons from the duty free they were approx $25-$30 per carton....depends on your brand but we were cruising to Vila and if the ship doesnt go to Vila the price of smokes double in price

on our last cruise we were on the Diamond Princess and they were US$4.50 across the bars and US$27 from the duty free shop per carton

rkmw

Just got off Sun Princess to NZ and we brought our daughter a carton of Winfield on board which were selling for about $53 per ctn then we got 10% off that ,still cheaper than Sydney prices of $70 odd dollars per ctn but way over prices that were charged on Dawn Princess in May when we went to the Islands. Dawn Princess were selling the same cigarettes for $30 per carton and we picked them up in Vila for $26, certainly a big difference,and a bottle of Baileys in Vila was $20 this time on sun Princess $40, big difference in prices obviously they price their duty free according to where they are sailing, They should have the same duty free prices all the time! Robin:)

Just got off Sun Princess to NZ and we brought our daughter a carton of Winfield on board which were selling for about $53 per ctn then we got 10% off that ,still cheaper than Sydney prices of $70 odd dollars per ctn but way over prices that were charged on Dawn Princess in May when we went to the Islands. Dawn Princess were selling the same cigarettes for $30 per carton and we picked them up in Vila for $26, certainly a big difference,and a bottle of Baileys in Vila was $20 this time on sun Princess $40, big difference in prices obviously they price their duty free according to where they are sailing, They should have the same duty free prices all the time! Robin:)

Also $30 a carton on board Pacific Sun Bali cruise but you couldn't have them until last day of cruise with the alcohol!

I think they were cheap because a packet is only around $1 in Bali from a normal store!

I read in a review of the Pacific Jewel that they were now $11 per pack at the bars so bought mine Duty free before I left! glad i did but most others didn't know you could bring duty free smokes on board from Australia.

Archived