Wohoo Booked our first Disney Cruise!!!!!

Julienatul

I am happy to say we just booked the Disney Wonder for May 2nd since there are fantastic prices for Fl residents right now. DD will be in Disney heaven onboard with the characters, especially the princesses. Now I just have to scrimp and save to pay for it but we figured we may not get too many more chances to experience a Disney cruise at this price:D:D:D:D.

I am excited to see how this compares to our Carnival cruises although I can already see some of the differences. The online reservation system is easy and fantastic in that you can do everything all in one place including booking excursions, nursery and specialty restaurants.

Does anyone know if it is possible to change reservations in the flounders nursery once onboard and how fast it fills up? I would like to attempt family meals together but if DS acts up can I just bring him to the nursery and see if they have space or do you have to reserve in advance?

Congratulations!! Although we have never been on a Disney cruise, my attitude is any cruise is a great cruise.

For any of you questions, please do not hesitate to call the Disney Cruise line and ask. I've done this many times w/ the cruise we sail with and they are more than helpful and plesant.

You will have a great time!!! Welcome to the cruisin' lifestyle!!

You will love Disney. My daughter was 3 when we took our first and only Disney cruise. There are sessions where all of the Princesses are together and you can visit each one and get and autograff. I actually bought a small Disney book and had the Princesses and other characters sign the pictures at the front of each story. Not sure about the nursery as my kids were older but the ship is very kid friendly so I think you will OK.

My son was older when we did the Disney cruise but for the nursery - the real point may be how many of the age group are on the ship - if there are many, reservations may be necessary but if the number is less than usual, perhaps drop-off will be OK. I agree with calling. It never hurts to ask. And, yes, your daughter will be in heaven. Disney is really a cruise apart when it comes to the kids.

Hey, those kids look familiar!!! LOL

I already told you how JEALOUS I am! We are holding off until our Jan cruise on Carnival because I want to wait until Cole is 2 so that way he can participate in the Kids Camp!

I agree with calling Disney though.

Gosh darn, you have me thinking back to how we should have been enjoying our belated honeymoon on a Disney cruise in Jan 2009...darn Cole had to mess up those plans (although I love him and would NOT trade him for a Disney Cruise anyday!!!)

Have a great time--our Disney cruise was our first cruise and it got us hooked on cruising!!! If you love Disney then you will love this cruise (I am the disney-holic of the family :D). The shows are very well done--totally family friendly--and DS loved the kids club. The staff was very energetic and fun and Castaway Cay is gorgeous. We loved our Carnival cruise too--they're different experiences but awesome for what they are. Enjoy!!

P.S If you can, have dinner at Palo the adult-only restaurant. The food was to die for--best on the ship by far :).

Another Disney fan here! Although our kids have long since outgrown the nursery, I can share that the availability was based on the # of infants onboard. You must reserve your times in advance. The more infants, the harder it was to get the times you wanted. But, even so, they always had a waiting list, and the spots we wanted always opened up.

If you can, be sure to sneak away for a dinner at Palo with your spouse. FANTASTIC! And, a bargain at only $15 p/p.

Have fun!

--CeleBrat

Hey, those kids look familiar!!! LOL

I already told you how JEALOUS I am! We are holding off until our Jan cruise on Carnival because I want to wait until Cole is 2 so that way he can participate in the Kids Camp!

I agree with calling Disney though.

Gosh darn, you have me thinking back to how we should have been enjoying our belated honeymoon on a Disney cruise in Jan 2009...darn Cole had to mess up those plans (although I love him and would NOT trade him for a Disney Cruise anyday!!!)

Yes, I just happened to be at work the other day and a cruise discount website said $399pp for Disney so I had to check it out!

I begged Atul who first said no we couldnt afford it especially since we are already booked on the NewYears Cruise on Carnival. Then I started mentioning all the stuff they have for Kamdyn and that it was an opportunity of a lifetime, we would never see those prices again, so we decided to put our tax return towards the Disney cruise and cut back majorly and work more to then pay for the New years cruise. Then my parents offered to with us too which is great since they can help with the kids! Now I cant wait. Kamdyn loves Disney so I know it will be a great cruise. Although both kids LOVE Carnival too.

Archived