Is L 500 Really Steerage?

gebo

I've looked at R and S inside cabins and L 500 looks larger. Does anybody know anything about these cabins? Are they under the water line, and if I stay there must I affect an accent, peel potatoes in the gally, and wear a kerchief and a shawl (just joking). I'm thinking of cruising "low budget" and wonder how this cabin feels.

That cabin is on Main Deck, which is well above the water line. No problem there.

It's also very far forward, so will get the brunt of the bumpy ride, should there be one. And it's a longer walk to most of the fun places on the ship.

And no, you wouldn't have to wear a disguise if you were to book it. That is, assuming you need it.

Did you notice that it's a modified handicap cabin? It's meant for people who have certain limitations, but don't require the full range of adaptations that a full handicap cabin has.

My wife have booked L 500 on the Statendam twice and have book it on other S class ships. We love the room. It is much bigger than the standard inside cabin. There is a large open area in the middle of the room. There is more closet space and the closet is along a wall on the far end of the cabin instead in the hallway across from the bathroom. This cabin has a bathtub with shower. Other inside rooms have just the shower. The room is quiet most of the time and the air-conditioning works well. An exception to this when the ship is docking or departing port as you will hear machinery noise. We feel this a small price to pay when considering the benefits. The cabin is located on main deck and it is the closest cabin to the bow so I guess one may feel the ship pitch a little more in a rough sea but this makes for wonderful sleeping. Its like rocking a baby. If you like inside cabins L-500 is an excellent choice.

Archived