Carnival Miracle or Jewel

Lostinthe50s

We are looking to cruise out of NYC in June, we have been on the Miracle twice and love the ship. The Itinerary that we where looking at is Grand Turk, Half Moon Key and Nassau. We have been on this itinerary before and love the ports.

We have sailed every other line but NCL and wanted to give free style cruising a shot,by the way carnival now has anytime dining also.

The Jewel goes to Cape canaveral, Great stirrup key and Nassau and is 7 days vs Miracle 8 days.

The things I liked about Miracle was an adults only pool,extended balconies and Half moon key you could order huts to have shade, Grand turk is also nice as it is Margharettiville with a pool and the ocean right off the ship

WE are concerned about Cape canaveral,not being much to do, and Great stirrup Key which has limited beach chairs with only umbrellas.

I have heard that the entertainment is better on NCL.

Would appreciate anyones imput.

Thank you

The NCL private island has clamshells that you can rent for $29 (??). At Port Canaveral I am sure that there is an excursion to the space center. We have been there and it is fascinating. Even the ride to the center is interesting- look out for alligators along the road.;)

We were on the Jewel for Thanksgiving and the Miracle for New Year's. We both thought the entertainment on the Miracle was much better. The Jewel had one show that was outstanding. It was a Cirque du Soleil type production. I have saild Carnival, NCL, RCCL, Princess and some other older cruise lines. Overall, I think Carnival consistently has the best production shows. It also seemed to me that Carnival had more options for activities.

We liked the freestyle dining. We did not like that the 'adults only' pool was adjacent to the family pool. We also got the impression (no young children so don't have firsthand knowledge) that Carnival has a better children's program. On our Jewel sailing there were lots of children and it was always quite apparant. On our Miracle sailing there were lots of children, but you barely noticed.

We have been on both the Miracle and Jewel but different itineraries. We love the Great Outdoors on the Jewel for meals. Also, the buffet was less crowded and easier to navigate on the Jewel. We loved the Blue Lagoon for lunch or when returning from port.

We prefer dressing casual and not needing a suit for DH and dressy clothes for me. NCL does Freestyle dining well and actually like mixing it up with the free dining rooms and pay restaurants and buffet. The main dining room meals were better on the Miracle but Jewel's specialty restaurants better than Miracle's DR.

We actually preferred the shows and entertainment on the Jewel. Also like the entertainment alternative in Spinnakers.

We thought NCL's private Island is too small and crowded and opted out the second time there... had the ship to ourselves. When in Cape Canaveral we took an excursion to Seaworld and there's other trips available too. I know people also rent cars and venture on their own.

I don't think you can go wrong with either one... We haven't been on a cruise we didn't love yet.

We just got off the Jewel and I can;t wait to go on her again. The entertainment was very very good. The Cirque Bijou was outstanding.

We never had a bad meal. The Jewel's crew is fantastic -

I can;t say enough good things about the Jewel.

I like the itinerary of the Miracle however since I have never been on her I can;t give an opinion.

There is plenty to do at Port canaveral, if you don;t want to tour the Cape, then take a taxi and go shopping. We have been there twice and it wouldn;t bother me to go there again.

I agree the entertainment on the Jewl was fantastic from the theater to the lounges it was very good. The problem with carnival is the entertainment is about the same on every ship. It gets boring!

Thanks everyone for your great replys, we got the impression that we cant go wrong with either the Jewel or the Miracle. So now we will look at price comparisons.

We just got to love the Miracle so much on our last 2 cruises and dont want to be dissapointed on the Jewel

Thanks everyone for your great replys, we got the impression that we cant go wrong with either the Jewel or the Miracle. So now we will look at price comparisons.

We just got to love the Miracle so much on our last 2 cruises and dont want to be dissapointed on the Jewel

Believe me the Jewel does not disappoint....

Believe me the Jewel does not disappoint....

I too loved the Jewel, couldn't be happier on the 2 trips I was aboard.

To the OP, what type of cabins are you looking to book? If it's a suite then it's the Jewel hands down.

I like the Miracle's itinerary slightly better, and I do want to try Carnival so that would be my pick personally (love NCL though, just want to see the Carnival ships is all).

Do note that NCL ships are not as glitzy as Carnival ships, so don't expect the neon and crazy stuff like the Miracle. NCL has a more boutique look to their decor, you also won't find a large atrium like on the Miracle either.

I have been on both ships.

Entertainment is better on NCL but I prefer the Carnival itinerary.

I loved the Miracle this first time I sailed on her BUT last year out of NY I didn't love it as much. DO NOT get a balcony below the buffet or you will never sleep.

Grand Turk and Carnival's private island is a better itinerary.

Tough call because I prefer NCL, but Carnival wins on itinerary,

Archived