Sticker Shock

So I've got the cruise itch again after a quickie four nighter this past weekend. Got into a discussion about the Oasis with my tablemates and I got to thinking well maybe that would be a terrific summer vacation destination for my family of four.

I thought my husband was going to have to administer CPR after getting off of the phone with RC for a price check. No inside cabins available in June that would hold 4 but I could do two ajoining insides for the bargain price of $7400 or I could wait until July and have a single inside for the rock bottom price 6k.

Ok, what have I missed here?:eek:

New ships with the buzz that Oasis received command a premium price. Also, summer is high season because that is when most families take a vacation. Might I suggest one of the Freedom class ships or the Carnival Dream.

We booked our Oct cruise a year ahead. 1900.00 for two in an oceanview cabin. The price now is just over 4000.00. Our ship is just about sold out. Once it gets closer to the Allure's debut, prices will drop. So if you can wait, the prices will go down. :) If you look at 2011 pricing, it is lower. I do see my TA pricing listed lower than on RCCL website, so look around.

It's called SUPPLY & DEMAND. New ship, first summer it is sailing, geared for families - big demand. Check Sept, Oct, Nov prices. Bet they will be quite a bit less. We sailed Jan 30 had a D7 balcony for two people for less than $2200. Summer is peak season, so are holidays.

It's called SUPPLY & DEMAND. New ship, first summer it is sailing, geared for families - big demand. Check Sept, Oct, Nov prices. Bet they will be quite a bit less. We sailed Jan 30 had a D7 balcony for two people for less than $2200. Summer is peak season, so are holidays.

The Sept 25th Western cruise still has good prices. Granted, kids are back in school but a week out of school won't kill em :D

Remember if you book on Royal Caribbean at the higher price and the price goes down later, they will refund the difference. Of course, they won't call and tell you that the price went down, you will have to check it yourself -- I check online everyday after we have a cruise booked and I don't hesitate to call them if it does -- if it goes down more than once, I call them every time.

It doesn't help when you originally book but it sure helps as time goes by.

I was just on the Oasis in February and loved it. However, now that we are planning our next cruise for next year, I have to say that I can't justify the huge premium for that ship. Yes it is wonderful, unique, the biggest, the newest, etc. But when it comes down to it, I feel you can have just as good a time, and still enjoy a wonderful cruise vacation on another ship for about half the price. Same good food, same good service, same weather, good entertainment (probably not as good as Oasis), same wet water, etc.

I was just on the Oasis in February and loved it. However, now that we are planning our next cruise for next year, I have to say that I can't justify the huge premium for that ship. Yes it is wonderful, unique, the biggest, the newest, etc. But when it comes down to it, I feel you can have just as good a time, and still enjoy a wonderful cruise vacation on another ship for about half the price. Same good food, same good service, same weather, good entertainment (probably not as good as Oasis), same wet water, etc.

Even though we have not been yet (upcoming in Sept), I told the DH that the Oasis looks great, wonderful, fun and I know we are going to have a blast, but I think our fav ship will always be the Freedom :)

So I've got the cruise itch again after a quickie four nighter this past weekend. Got into a discussion about the Oasis with my tablemates and I got to thinking well maybe that would be a terrific summer vacation destination for my family of four.

I thought my husband was going to have to administer CPR after getting off of the phone with RC for a price check. No inside cabins available in June that would hold 4 but I could do two ajoining insides for the bargain price of $7400 or I could wait until July and have a single inside for the rock bottom price 6k.

Ok, what have I missed here?:eek:

Booking way early is the key.We booked Oasis almost 20 months in advance and paid 1045 for balcony, We just bookes the Allure for sept 2011 balcony 849 plus tax ,

Last year I was so wrapped up in planning our Disney land/sea vacation the Oasis wasn't much on my radar. Should have been planning for this summer last year as well! Thanks for all of the great advice.

I may need to do one of the Freedom class this summer and book early for next on the Oasis or the Allure.

Darn....three summers of cruises.......:D

Archived