Fun Pass Info

I have not cruised on Carnival since 1994, on the "Holiday" so I am not knowledgable on the Fun Pass. Can you all provide info on this? One of my concerns is having my kids, time of cruise 17, 15 & 12 using or losing these cards. What tips might help us parents control any spending on the cards? Our cruise the card we used was called "the sail & sign card".

Thanks

:)

It's still the sail and sign card. The difference with the retired:( Holiday and the ships now is that the sail and sign card is also your room key. The Fun Pass that you're hearing about is what you fill out before your cruise, so they can get you "checked in" to the cruise. You have to request paper documents if you want to do it that way. But most of us now just fill out the Fun Pass online well ahead of time. It makes check-in go so much quicker when most of us have already done that. On the website, sign in, add your booking number, then you can fill out all your info. You'll then get e-documents, including luggage tags, that you can print up. As far as controlling your kids spending, I've also wondered how parents do that. I've never cruised with kids. I'm sure Carnival has things you can do.

The Sail and Sign card can be used as only a room key and ID if there are no charging privileges associated with it.

Optionally, you can but a limited amount of cash on the account to control spending. When that amount of cash is depleted more can be added, if desired, at the Purser's (Guest Services...) Desk.

To help your kiddos keep track of a Sign and Sail card... I have mine hole punched and clipped to a lanyard and worn around the neck, under or over your shirt.

Very simple and easy. Then it's accessible for door key and for buying a beverage... Or for kiddos, using at the video arcade or shopping.

So, bring lanyards and have Guest Services / Pursers punch a hole in it and clip in on...

And bring lanyards to attach the card to (the pursers office will punch a hole for you) - they can hang the card around their neck and never lose them - i even do it myself - i buy one of those 'pull chains' from the hardware store

At the ages of your kids, controlling what they spend shouldn't be a problem, but you know them better than I do.

One way if controlling is to give them a daily limit and monitor it daily, if any of them go over, stop the privileged. I know you are going to be on vacation, but preemptive parenting never goes on vaca. Good luck.

You can also check on the spending on the TV in your room. There is a running total of charges on there of the where and how much is spent. This may help.

Only on certain ships, however. The Fantasy Class don't have this feature.

The folio can always be checked by a quick stop at the Purser's Desk.

Archived