Princess Cay photos, ships snorkle tour, Wow!

markstudy

Your pictures on Princess Cay are great, noticed you said the PowerShot D-10 was a point and shoot, did you have to change any settings before using to achieve those results? (since your hobby is photography) I am trying to decide between that and the Olympus waterproof.

:D

Thanks much!

We have an underwater digital camera and we hate it that we cannot see the screen if there is any kind of sunshine. We have missed so many shots because we cannot see what the camera is pointed to.

What did you think of the viewfinder/screen on your camera?

Your pictures on Princess Cay are great, noticed you said the PowerShot D-10 was a point and shoot, did you have to change any settings before using to achieve those results? (since your hobby is photography) I am trying to decide between that and the Olympus waterproof.

:D

Thanks much!

No, they just have a switch that lets you pick from 12 different settings.

Underwater, Night, bright sun, fireworks, snow, forest, people, kids, ... ect.

I liked the screen, easy to see on a bright sunny day.

Only thing I've ever heard against the D 10 was that like other canon cameras they get a lens error message. People have sent cameras in to get fixed and had new cameras sent back in return. I had the problem for a week and it went away. I've owned the camera for a year and a half, and use it a lot. All photos come out great,,, and I have no skills in the art of photography :o

• 2 weeks later...

We sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale on March 6th so on the 7th we are on Princess Cay. We thought we would use the day as a learning experience for later snorkling excursions. Boy was I mistaken. Although there was no coral I saw the best fish of all from my shore snorkling in clear water. Just out from the picnic area is a rock area with a pavillion at the end. If you snorkle in front of this by the rocks, it was just like swimming in an aquarium. We took a snorkle / stingray trip from the boat in Grand Turk that had hardly any fish at all.

Don't underestimate Princess Cay! Just keep hunting for the fish!

Don't underestimate Princess Cay! Just keep hunting for the fish!

Agree. That was exactly what we did last month on the Crown Princess. Thought I would share a couple of underwater photos taken by a Fuji P&S inside a DiCAPac waterproof case.

DSCF3557.jpg.b6b9c11fe95d0766614a5258e1f12812.jpg

DSCF3564.jpg.e545ab82ae155ec0e13fb6ee8efbdd37.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you SO much for posting those and also for the info on the camera. I have never been happy with my underwater cameras, and had resolved I was going to have to fork out the big bucks to ever get good shots.

I am going to get one of those before I head out to Kona!

Happy travels & thanks again!

Thanks for the exciting pics! We are sailing Dec 2011 & our 1st stop is Princess Cays. Super excited about it! How long was the snorkel excursion?

seemed like ninety minutes. but I'm just guessing. boat ride was ten minutes out and ten back.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
a few more....

1RubyPrincess503.jpg

1RubyPrincess509.jpg

1RubyPrincess506.jpg

1RubyPrincess505spotout.jpg

1RubyPrincess515.jpg

1RubyPrincess520.jpg

Awesome pics. So you recommend getting fins while snorkeling. Trying to find a good pair at low price for our family of 5. We are going to Cocoa Cay snorkeling. Those fish are beautiful! What type camera did you use. My kids will def. want to take pictures.Did you see any octopus?

Archived