San Francisco pier

TedC

What's the best way to get from San Jose, CA., airport, to pier that Holland America uses in San Francisco?

Also, would it be a lot easier to fly into San Francisco in the first place? (Jet Blue uses San Jose and I'd like to try them, hence the questions.)

Thanks for any and all help.

Thanks, Iggle,

I didn't realize Jet Blue flew to Oakland. Also, it appears they fly to San Jose from Boston, which wouldn't work as well for us. It looks like the Oakland flight is from JFK, better for us.

We'll have cruise luggage, so a taxi or shuttle would probably be better. We'll arrive a couple days early, so probably stay at a hotel closer to the pier pre-cruise.

Thanks again

• 1 month later...

Would you know how much a cab is from SFO to the pier where Princess cruises are docked? I am sailing on the Coral Princess Pacific Highlight May 12 enroute to Vancouver and from there to Alaska. The cruise line offers a shuttle from the aiport to the pier for $27 per person. Any info would help.

thanks

Linda

Linda: we are cruising on the Mercury next month and staying at a hotel pre-cruise on Fisherman's Wharf. We are taking the Super Shuttle from th airport to the hotel- the fare is about $11 per person. I've been told the taxi costs upwards of $50 plus tip.

Rob

The super shuttle is your best bet. Taxi fare will run you a bit of $$. SFO is a way from Fisherman's Wharf. You should have a nice time - the wharf is a fun place to go. You could do the Alcatraz tour from there, go to Ghiradelli Square (chocolate), and shop at the pier. There are plenty of places to eat no matter where you decide to wander. Have fun in S.F. and on your cruise.

Archived