nice restaurant in Hamilton

Slumdog Millionaire

The Pickled Onion on Front Street is a good bet. We dine there regularly and enjoy it. We usually sit inside as husband doesn't like dining outdoors but they do have an outside terrace where you can sit. It overlooks where #1 shed and the cruise terminal used to be (now a parking lot) and overlooks the harbour.

Our favourite in Hamilton is actually Fresco's in Chancery Lane. They do have a small outside area for dining as you enter the premises off of the lane but most of the tables are inside. Not sure if they serve on their terrace above the actual dining room. I believe there's a bar there but not sure if they serve food. The dining room only seats about 60 people and it also has a private room for about 10 which we've enjoyed in a group a few times. They have a website but I just had a look and it's still showing the old menu that was replaced about a month or so ago. We've been twice since the menu change and still thoroughly enjoy it. It's one of the few restaurants that offer a nightly souffle for desert. Their staff are friendly and professional and we enjoy going back regularly.

The Pickled Onion on Front Street is a good bet. We dine there regularly and enjoy it. We usually sit inside as husband doesn't like dining outdoors but they do have an outside terrace where you can sit. It overlooks where #1 shed and the cruise terminal used to be (now a parking lot) and overlooks the harbour.

Our favourite in Hamilton is actually Fresco's in Chancery Lane. They do have a small outside area for dining as you enter the premises off of the lane but most of the tables are inside. Not sure if they serve on their terrace above the actual dining room. I believe there's a bar there but not sure if they serve food. The dining room only seats about 60 people and it also has a private room for about 10 which we've enjoyed in a group a few times. They have a website but I just had a look and it's still showing the old menu that was replaced about a month or so ago. We've been twice since the menu change and still thoroughly enjoy it. It's one of the few restaurants that offer a nightly souffle for desert. Their staff are friendly and professional and we enjoy going back regularly.

Sounds perfect.

Bermuda Mom,

Would it be possible to sit outside on the terrace of the Pickled Onion and just have a coke?

Or do you have to order food? Would love to sit outside and look at the water, but I'm sure we'll be too stuffed to think about eating.

Thanks for any info.

A.S. asked: ....Is there anywhere in Hamilton, by the water, to just sit and enjoy a coke?.....

Yes there is, Point Pleasant Park. Located past the ferry docks, Walk by the ferry terminal building, keeping it on your right, continue by the ferry docks, keeping them on you left. PPP will be to your front. A nice spot to relax and enjoy the day.

SBtS

A.S. asked: ....Is there anywhere in Hamilton, by the water, to just sit and enjoy a coke?.....

Yes there is, Point Pleasant Park. Located past the ferry docks, Walk by the ferry terminal building, keeping it on your right, continue by the ferry docks, keeping them on you left. PPP will be to your front. A nice spot to relax and enjoy the day.

Thanks for the info, but I was hoping we could sit out on one of the terraces facing the water. But I guess this is wishful thinking on my part, as they would want you to order food, and not just a coke.

Would have been nice though.

Sorry for the delay in responding but I've been off island since the 9th.

Not sure if you need to order food at Pickled Onion to be out on the balcony but I would think if it wasn't peak lunch or supper time that you shouldn't have to as they do have a large bar as part of the restauant. I know evenings my daughter and her friends go to the bar and also go outside cause some of them smoke which you can't do inside. So, I'd think if you were there say around 11am or mid afternoon after lunch, you should be fine just for a coke or something on the balcony.

Sorry for the delay in responding but I've been off island since the 9th.

Not sure if you need to order food at Pickled Onion to be out on the balcony but I would think if it wasn't peak lunch or supper time that you shouldn't have to as they do have a large bar as part of the restauant. I know evenings my daughter and her friends go to the bar and also go outside cause some of them smoke which you can't do inside. So, I'd think if you were there say around 11am or mid afternoon after lunch, you should be fine just for a coke or something on the balcony.

Thank you so much for getting back to me. I was really getting discouraged with almost 300 views and not one response.

I remember where the Pickled Onion is, and will surely check it out. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Any other suggestions?

Our favorite restaurant in Hamilton is Waterloo, right on the water and absolutely beautiful. We loved the food and the atmosphere and the staff there were wonderful. We haven't been there in two years but I sure hope it's still there. They have a website which shouldn't be too difficult to find with google. Enjoy...Bermuda and the Bermudians are wonderful. swiss

Our favorite restaurant in Hamilton is Waterloo, right on the water and absolutely beautiful. We loved the food and the atmosphere and the staff there were wonderful. We haven't been there in two years but I sure hope it's still there. They have a website which shouldn't be too difficult to find with google. Enjoy...Bermuda and the Bermudians are wonderful. swiss

Unfortunately the building has been bulldozed!

Unfortunately the building has been bulldozed!

I am saddened to hear this news...it was such a wonderful setting by the water. I assume they have not relocated elsewhere? Seems all of my favorites in Hamilton are gone..Trimingham's, Waterloo.....sad. Wonderful memories though. thanks for the info, sad as it is. swiss

Yes when people do not buy things a lot as well having good management things do go the other way< > eh... as they should in any business.

Look at here in America what has, happening even with the bloody (( N--GREEDY ))banks which were forced to loan to people which could in no means/way ever pay back what they borrow and/or borrowed.

That's really a valuable lesson eh.. Never borrow more that able to pay back and never lend any to ones which can not pay back the principle with agreed upon interest and fees.

By supporting the local firms either large and/or small your helping them get a revenue stream as a native trout does in a river...

I am saddened to hear this news...it was such a wonderful setting by the water. I assume they have not relocated elsewhere? Seems all of my favorites in Hamilton are gone..Trimingham's, Waterloo.....sad. Wonderful memories though. thanks for the info, sad as it is. swiss

If you want to have a lovely meal, with a spectacular view of Hamilton Harbour, take the pink line ferry over to the Hodson's stop, and walk up the hill to the Newstead - Belmont Hill for lunch at Beau Rivage. Delightful menu, and as I said ridiculous views..

n506630757_502869_18.jpg

n506630757_995477_4372.jpg

n506630757_502876_2623.jpg

If you want to have a lovely meal, with a spectacular view of Hamilton Harbour, take the pink line ferry over to the Hodson's stop, and walk up the hill to the Newstead - Belmont Hill for lunch at Beau Rivage. Delightful menu, and as I said ridiculous views..

n506630757_502869_18.jpg

n506630757_995477_4372.jpg

n506630757_502876_2623.jpg

Yes, I agree - a wonderful setting for lunch or dinner - expensive though!

Sue

Archived